LBZ: injector questions

Jon7891

Mar 14, 2016
New Hampshire
Im sure that this question has been answered a million times but I cant find it. my truck has about 105k on it. over the last few months ive had a balance rate on cylinder 8 that was in spec one day out of spec the next. ran the GM upper cylinder cleaner and all balance rates were back to +/-1 in park. now all of a sudden 8 is out of whack again usually around +5, but now #4 & 6 are showing as -4 when cylinder 8 is out. will the other injectors try and compensate for the bad one? The truck does not haze at idle, however it does blow grey smoke, not its usual black.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Is it an 06 LLY or 06 LBZ?

Either way you don't need to replace them all necessarily. Yes the other injectors are trying to compensate for #8 being out.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
We see alot of customers chasing this issue with replacing single injectors. You could start by replacing number 8 injector and see what the smoke does.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Assuming the connectors are fine try moving the injectors around to see if the issue follows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon7891

Mar 14, 2016
New Hampshire
Thanks guys. I am going to change all 8 as soon as possible, but i want to at least make sure that i dont do more damage in the meantime. I will try switching them around to see if the balance rate follows.

mebob2001

Oct 31, 2014
Riverview, new brunswick
The ecm will compensate the fueling to other injectors to make a smooth idle. I would start with #8 swapping it.
Or run some stanadyne through the system to.clean shit up. Full small bottle on a tank of fuel do that for 2 tanks. It will help nurse things along for a bit.
Seen it quite a few times with lb7s lly lbz. And lmms. Haven't seen many injector issues with the lml. Cp4s usually cause any injector issues

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin