Injector Leaking Again!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The wear plate is on the head wear the hold down sits and tightens down isn't it? If they are missing it could cause something like that or a defective hold down maybe.

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
when you replaced the washer did you clean out the injector bore?

I just got down pulling the injector. The O-ring was blown out, and the entire injector was covered in soot. I did clean the injector bore out, but maybe I didn't do a good enough job. I will try to get a blue shop towel with a screwdriver down there to wipe it clean.

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
The wear plate is on the head wear the hold down sits and tightens down isn't it? If they are missing it could cause something like that or a defective hold down maybe.

Nope, the wear plate is still there. I will give everything a once over when I start putting everything back together.

make sure the injector tip is tight make sure it is torqued down to 40 ft lbs

I will double check.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
^^ That would work. I picked up the injector service kit off of ebay But it wasn't enough to get the carbon loose. I had to use a small Caterpillar bore brush that was pretty square & flat on the end. I then took a piece of very fine scotch brite & pushed it into the bristles so it was fairly flat on the end. Hooked it up to my air drill & very lightly buffed the bottom of the injector bore. If you go this route be extremly gentle with the drill & scotch brite it will eat aluminum in a hurry, just a couple of light taps & the bottom of the bore should look like new again. Brake clean the hole out, use a solvent gun to evac the brake clean and carbon out of the cylinder.