Injector issue, need advice please!

dc3

Dec 4, 2013
so I replaced all 8 injectors now, I had a bad injector out of the box reading +15, got another one and still rough, sent it into GM dealer came back with balance rates as follows:
cylinder 1 (-2.5)
cylinder 2 (-4.6)
cylinder 3 (5.2)
cylinder 4 (-3.2)
cylinder 5 (-0.6)
cylinder 6 (-0.2)
cylinder 7 (1.4)
cylinder 8 (-1.2)

so cyl 3 is bad of course, I am worried about cyl 2 and possibly 4, these were GB remans and I would not reccommend them at all, any one else have a problem with these? I am ready to lose it, also to mention ruled out FPR at GM. bad fuel knock on passenger side, especially at operating temp.
Thanks guys,

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
so I replaced all 8 injectors now, I had a bad injector out of the box reading +15, got another one and still rough, sent it into GM dealer came back with balance rates as follows:
cylinder 1 (-2.5)
cylinder 2 (-4.6)
cylinder 3 (5.2)
cylinder 4 (-3.2)
cylinder 5 (-0.6)
cylinder 6 (-0.2)
cylinder 7 (1.4)
cylinder 8 (-1.2)

so cyl 3 is bad of course, I am worried about cyl 2 and possibly 4, these were GB remans and I would not reccommend them at all, any one else have a problem with these? I am ready to lose it, also to mention ruled out FPR at GM. bad fuel knock on passenger side, especially at operating temp.
Thanks guys,

You just said it yourself sir. You replaced all 8 injectors with " REMANS" ?. If so I have read and seen guys say to avoid remans. I know it is not probably the answer your looking for, but that's my 2 cents. From what I have gathered the man for injectors seems to be Brent at Lincoln Diesel.

dc3

Dec 4, 2013
thanks for you opinion and yes i think this is gonna be an expensive lesson learned

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
OEM Bosch Injectors are the best quality on the market today, balance rates as close to zero is what your looking for.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
All injectors are remans.

The key is buying ONLY BOSCH CERTIFIED REMAN INJECTORS.