Individual cylinder EGT probes?

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
Anybody found a good looking way to display 8 EGTs? I've found an aircraft-style single gauge, but mounting a 3-1/8" square faced gauge in an LMM cab, I can't imagine a spot that would look even halfway decent.
http://thesensorconnection.com/gaug...-digital-thermocouple-pyrometer-gauge-display

Then there's this red alert stand alone monitor/logger, but it's a clunky box that doesn't appear to have an easy way to directly and real-time display EGTs.
http://www.altronicsinc.com/data-recorders/redalert-egt-recorder-1.html

The red alert is $1000. To me, that's not only phenomenal tuning fidelity, but also the best insurance against ANOTHER hung injector I can think of. If I'd seen a huge spike in the #8 cylinder that wasn't within tolerances of the other 7 cylinders, I wouldn't be in the middle of a complete build right now. To that end, I'm looking at 12-15k for a solid build, and an extra grand to know when to reach up and shut it down is money well spent.

So....is anyone else running something similar in a street truck, and how did you choose to display the outputs?

Thanks!
Cale

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Honestly I doubt you'll be watching 8 probe temps while you're at wot. Don't let me stop you, but I think you're going to be wasting your money.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Edge cts can watch 8 pid's at once but... With how often they fail you'll be replacing some of them pretty often IMO. And it will be costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
What are you doing with the truck? Is it competion only or a street truck?? Most data logging systems will support 8 TC inputs for individual cylinders

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I use a probe in each manifold, the EGT's on heavy acceleration the passenger side will jump to 1200f + while the drivers lags behind about 2-300F. While cruising both settle to about 6-700f. Wish I would have mounted it on the dash kinda difficult to monitor below the line of sight. Have a new ABS bend just need to start the band saw and sander and fit it to the dash.
=
=
rcpzr8.jpg

=
=
=
=

calereeves

Displaced Texan
Jul 13, 2011
It's a street truck that will see very limited heavy tow duty. But it's gonna be a FUN street truck. My biggest concern is finding a system that will output the data in a usable format. An aircraft-style bar graph would be fine, along with an alarm when any one reaches too high, or is a certain percentage higher than the rest.

The data logging aspect is fairly easy, I've found several systems that are capable of may more than 8 inputs, the problem is the output system that makes it usable real-time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk