I'm going to have to retire.

sawmilldmax

Apr 2, 2013
Mount Airy,NC
I've always admired your willingness to help all sorts of guys with all kinds of stupid and not-so-stupid questions. You may have not gave the answer they wanted to hear, but always the best and truthful answer. I have come to the conclusion that you have been responsible for developing a lot of parts and technology that allow these Allisons and others to hold some stupid power, and for that I am truly grateful. Your dedication to your work has put so many smiles on a lot of faces every time they mash that skinny pedal down, mine included. Enjoy your retirement, and understand that there are a lot of folks sending up prayers for you and your wife as you battle sickness.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Sorry to hear about the health issues for you and your wife Mike! I will keep y’all in my thoughts and prayers my friend. I still remember building my lb7 trans 12years ago with your help. Thanks for everything you have helped me and this community with over the years. Now kick these problems ass and enjoy retirement bro!

Waid

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Man, very sorry to hear about the circumstances of your retirement. I pray that both you and your wife make full recoveries.

Congratulations to Evan, on taking over your shop.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I appreciate the times you have helped me out Mike, you helped make this site what it is. I haven't had a performance diesel in 5 years now but I still come back here daily simply bc of the fellowship of friends with like minds and tons of knowledge that they are willing to share. I pray that you and your wife enjoy retirement together and live long into the future my friend...

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
Sorry to hear the news Mike but you have earned your retirement so enjoy it as best you can! Good luck with the recovery and your wife's treatments. Also congrats to Evan for purchasing a healthy business.
My wife and I both turn 60 this year and we're starting to talk about slowing down. Owning two businesses just isn't as fun as it used to be...

Reactions: MrJuanderful

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Thanks for the memories. I feel the same about you my friend. You should have come to dinner with us that night. You would have seen what a Fycus could do with a Nascar driver ( Guy Socal ) behind the wheel. We raced Tony Martino and his Duramax for a parking space in front of the resteraunt. We had maybe 120 hp and Tony was at 500hp racing through the parking lot. I was laughing my ass off and getting pretty beat up with Guy doing some crazy shit. Last I heard was hold on and he spun the basterd backwards and landed in the parking space so perfect. Tony pulled up behind us and said " lucky " LOL Good times.

LOL...............I remember that like it was yesterday, where has time gone ??

Congrats on retirement...........sending prayers for you and your wife for speedy recoveries.

Reactions: SmokeShow

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Mike, you and your family are in our prayers wishing your wife a speedy recovery! Someone has to keep you in line haha.

I hate sounding like a broken record but I also cannot think of any better individual/company to take over the reins at Inglewood than Evan. I look forward to seeing the shenanigans you get into over the coming years. You've put in the time and effort, now enjoy those rewards. Just don't enjoy them too much, I hear speeding tickets are expensive in Cali!

subman1980

Feb 4, 2013
Sorry to hear about the health issues Mike. It was a pleasure to meet you a few months back when you and your team built my trans. Hope you both recover quickly so you can enjoy your retirement with your wife. Me and my buddy had a great time shooting the shit with you while you worked on the truck.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
So sorry to hear about your wife, I’ve not been on here in a while and I’ve fell short on calling you to just check in lately. As you know I live on the opposite side of the country but please call if you need anything, even if it’s just a call to talk and pass some time.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Thanks for your help, and for pushing the allison into new relms, hoping for a speedy recovery for both of you, also congrats to evan, I can't think of a more perfect fit

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
So sorry to hear of the C word for your wife and your medical issues as well. I'll be praying for you all. I hope you'll be able to enjoy your retirement once the medical issues are behind you. The value you have added to the duramax community is virtually undefinable and certainly irreplaceable. It's exciting, from this side, to see that the amazing business you've developed be taken on and sustained by the amazingly talented Evan and crew. Please don't be a stranger around here.

Evan, is any part of your business still in LA? I know you all took a direct hit with the hurricane shortly after you moved down there from the northeast area. Just curious if you'll have two/multiple locations or exclusively operating out of CA going forward?

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
🙏God Bless you and your family Mike! I’m grateful for all you’ve done! We’ll be here on the forum for you and I’m sure you’ll check us out from time to time😜

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I'm sorry to hear about your retirement and family situation. But I am glad you will still be able to hang around at the shop and do what you love to do. Your contributions over the years are irreplaceable and I am sure there is many more to come.

You have always taken care of me, whether it was answering my stupid transmission questions or working on my truck. If there is anything you need that I can do, just ask.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
So sorry to hear of the C word for your wife and your medical issues as well. I'll be praying for you all. I hope you'll be able to enjoy your retirement once the medical issues are behind you. The value you have added to the duramax community is virtually undefinable and certainly irreplaceable. It's exciting, from this side, to see that the amazing business you've developed be taken on and sustained by the amazingly talented Evan and crew. Please don't be a stranger around here.

Evan, is any part of your business still in LA? I know you all took a direct hit with the hurricane shortly after you moved down there from the northeast area. Just curious if you'll have two/multiple locations or exclusively operating out of CA going forward?

We are back up and running at about 80% in Lake Charles. The hurricanes sure did a number on us.

Reactions: SmokeShow