I'm getting the gest of things slowly

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Mike open the scan tool up and click on the little green dot in the left hand corner to conect the scantool. Than pull down the file menu from the very top left hand corner select open and then open pid file, then select duramax imperial. Now go to pids tab on the scaner screen, there will be a list of pids, then select which ones you want to record. then open the data tab right next to the pids tab and this is where you can watch and record your data. use th butons on the bottom of the page to do so. the red is for record and yellow just to watch. When i data log this is how i do it. some guys will do it a different way?

Later
Caleb

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
Thanks very much Caleb! I had hit the green light, but was lost from there.

How manycan I click? (I seem to recall reading that no more then about 25 should be selected, is that correct?) and which one are important to log?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
No Problem Mike, these are the pids i watch i have the listed here as their description! Im not sure how many u can log at one time i've never run into and issue though.

Actual Boost Pressue
Actual Fuel Rail Pressure
Air Flow Rate From Mass Air Flow Sensor
Barometric Pressure
Desired Fuel Rail Pressure
Desired Turbo Vane Position
Engine Coolant Temperature
Engine RPM
Injector Pulse Width Injector 1
Intake Air Temperature
Main Injection Fuel Flow Rate
Main Injection Fuel Flow Rate 2
Main Injection Timing
Pilot Injection Timing
Throttle Base Fuel Flow Rate -
Throttle Position
Turbo Boost Pressure
Turbo Vane Position
Vehicle Speed Sensor

Dose any one else have any pids that are important to watch???

Later
Caleb

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
another thing to do is go to edit customer details and set this to your liking
kinda nice :)

the thing about selecting pids is the more you select the more it has to think
so if you would just select a few you would get a better log...i think:confused:

Flashscan

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Down the bottom of the PID selection screen is something that shows you the number of channels. Without a long winded technical discussion on it try to keep that number at or under 24 for optimum logging speed. Anything above that and it will slow down due to the low speed of the ECM's data bus (10.4K) and the way the ECM sets aside time from the little things (like running the engine!!) to send out data.

Cheers,
Ross

hdmax

Mini-Max
Aug 9, 2006
New Lex, Oh
Thanks Ross!
I thought I had read not to log more then about 25, thanks for clearing things up.

Down the bottom of the PID selection screen is something that shows you the number of channels. Without a long winded technical discussion on it try to keep that number at or under 24 for optimum logging speed. Anything above that and it will slow down due to the low speed of the ECM's data bus (10.4K) and the way the ECM sets aside time from the little things (like running the engine!!) to send out data.

Cheers,
Ross