Question: IHRA Rules?

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
Does anyone know much about IHRA rules? the closest track to me is New England Dragway in NH and they use IHRA rules from what I can tell . The whole drag thing is new to me so I'm just trying to learn as much as i can before the spring comes .
thanks Craig

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I think it's probably like most tracks. Long pants, closed shoes, and a helmet for anything 13.99 and quicker.

Rallbar for 11.49 and quicker.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
on thier site it said something about a neutral safety switch on automatics???? I have no idea what this means . 2nd says a remote kill switch if you relocate your battery. And all vehicals have to have a muffler for some reason . Not that I ave a problem with the last 2 , but it seems like alot of people have straight pipe and no muffler . Anyone with a twin setup would have to have a remote kill switch . I wish I lived in calli to have more people around that knew more about this stuff and could make some fellow durmax friends .:rolleyes:

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
fyi a turbo will cover the muffler issue even if your straight piped. atleast at the tracks by me that have muffled only nights

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
IHRA gereraly has less strick rules than NHRA, If a truck comes with 2 bats from the factory then it doesn't need a cut off. I'm not sure if it changed but nothing other than the helmet, fire suit, exc applied to a stock vehicle. Ie. a new ZO6 could run low 11s and not need a cage till tou do something to modify it.

Last edited: