Idaho Rob tunes

Qsplash

Nov 22, 2014
Mesa
I just had a local shop install EFI live with your tunes was just looking at some clarifications on what each tune was for. I got the mild Max popular tune
1)Optimized Stock
2)Heavy Tow 30hp with turbo brake
3)Light Tow 60hp
4)Economy 90hp
5)Performance 120hp

I'm not quite sure what tune I'm supposed to use when ... is it Heavy tow if im towing over 5k or 10k or 6k ...how about the light tow? What is optimized stock for? I'm guessing Econ 90 is for daily driving for maximum MPG or is that the Opt Stock ? I'm pretty sure the Perf 120 is the smile maker/tire melter setting:D

Just would like a clarification when I should be turnin' the fun switch & to what number
Thanks for the replies

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Prob b best to contact ATP for more info...but I would say leave it on performance tune all the time so ur Trans doesn't have to relearn the higher setting and if u can keep ur foot out of it that will prob net the best Mpg's for everyday driving but if ur towing st heavy I'd say turn it down for sure esp if u don't have a built Trans yet..

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
I'm guessing its up to you what you consider light tow or heavy tow. I consider a car trailer or a boat to be "light". I use "optimized stock" for if someone else will be driving my truck. I don't see a huge mileage gain in Econ over the other tunes but I think there may be a 1-2 MPG increase.

Qsplash

Nov 22, 2014
Mesa
Thanks for the replies .... but now i have more questions .... what/how/why does my trans need to relearn something.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
The Allison is always learning... It's to smart for its own good from a performance stand point. Everytime u drive ur truck it learns ur driving habits so if u drive it all over the place like grandpa n them try to drive it hard its not gona shift correctly like it's should Bc it was use to u babying it.... Anytime u turn up the power it take's it a little bit for to get use to the power ur putting down.. It has to (learn) the new HP level n that's y it's not good on it to constantly switch between tunes...

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
I just had a local shop install EFI live with your tunes was just looking at some clarifications on what each tune was for. I got the mild Max popular tune
1)Optimized Stock
2)Heavy Tow 30hp with turbo brake
3)Light Tow 60hp
4)Economy 90hp
5)Performance 120hp

I'm not quite sure what tune I'm supposed to use when ... is it Heavy tow if im towing over 5k or 10k or 6k ...how about the light tow? What is optimized stock for? I'm guessing Econ 90 is for daily driving for maximum MPG or is that the Opt Stock ? I'm pretty sure the Perf 120 is the smile maker/tire melter setting:D

Just would like a clarification when I should be turnin' the fun switch & to what number
Thanks for the replies

Heavy tow is for loads over 8k lbs
Light tow is for loads under 8k Lbs
Either the 90hp daily or the 120 perf will get you your best unloaded economy.

If you have more questions, please give us a call.