I may have to sell my DMax...

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
I am on a layoff list at work, and the job prospects that I am interviewing for will require me to fly out on Sunday, work all week, and fly home every other weekend. I currently live in KC, and the two job prospects are in downtown Chicago and NYC. If I get one of the jobs I will rent a small apartment and cut costs that way versus seling our home and uprooting. I'm still a few years from early retirement, and my wife and I think we can manage this long distance commute for a few years. We do not intend to live in either city long term.

The DMax will just sit, and it makes no sense to keep it. It is a 2004 LLY crew cab short bed with 166k. Suncoast 4, Garrett 4094 turbo, FASS 150, sleeves, braces, downpipe, intake, 4" MBRP, ARP head studs, new water pump, etc. No rust or accidents.

How bad a bath am I going to take if I end up selling it? Is this an $18-20k truck?

I hate the thought of giving it up. I bought it new with less than 50 miles. :-(

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
If it's not lifted and well optioned you should be able to get $20K+. Right now people are looking for trucks to tow 5th wheels that don't require DEF, don't do regens and aren't rusted or reconstructed.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Around here I'd say $20k, problem is finding someone with $$$.

Sorry about the job, are you not high on seniority? Or things just that bad?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Mid to low 20s here. Don't know what the market is over there.

You can keep it at my place if you're going to work in NYC!

Glws. Working out of state is no fun.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Not you too, Bud. :( Damn.

All I can say is good luck to you. I hope whichever job you take works out for you.

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
Around here I'd say $20k, problem is finding someone with $$$.

Sorry about the job, are you not high on seniority? Or things just that bad?

My problem is the seniority. They are targeting longer termed employees (read: higher paid) and replacing them with Millenials who have life and business all figured out at age 25.