i found a turbo!

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
so i found this turbo in a trailer i was cleaning out, i believe it came off of a Detroit diesel 6v92 two-stroke. just wondering if it would be worth anything to anyone or even maybe to put on a truck :dontknow:

turbo001.jpg

turbo002.jpg

turbo003.jpg

turbo004.jpg

i can get the #'s off of the tag on it if needed, i really don't know squat about turbos :eek:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
judging on the clocking angle of the housings, exhaust crossover, and color, I'd say your right...Some sort of V-type Detroit. The way the compressor is aimed would be right to the inlet box on the supercharger! Prolly a 6v92TA...Id like to have one of thoes noisy suckers, i dig that cool 2-stroke Detroit sound! AKA...The Screamin Demon!

tobyk321

BIODIESEL BURNER
Jun 23, 2007
milford, nj
www.myspace.com
well the nice thing is i have a few projects that this might be perfect for :D its either that or stick where the second turbo would go on a twin set-up, but just have one. i mean who likes to do things the conventional way ;)

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I used to have one off of a v16 detroit, it was actually 2 v8s bolted front to back :eek: motor had 2 blowers and i cant remember if it was 2 turbos or 4 :eek:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
well the nice thing is i have a few projects that this might be perfect for :D its either that or stick where the second turbo would go on a twin set-up, but just have one. i mean who likes to do things the conventional way ;)

Kinda like what 05 smoker did with there truck,Every time I think about that.....I wished i would of done the same