hypertech power programmer???????

privatejb

Jul 17, 2009
Sand Box
a friend of mine is selling his hypertech programmer #30033 for a lly diesel are they a good programmer or should i just save up to buy a ppe programmer. I am looking for fuel economy and horsepower???????

thanks

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
hypertech is not the best its ok tho i have one on a powerstroke..id go with the ppe if i were you. i been trying to sell mine. i have the 225hp one perfect for towing and fuel econ 2-3mpg, and at same time the power can be there.$300 shipped paid $550 .let me kno

Last edited:

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
If it's anything like the Hypertech I had on my gasser(which I believe it is). Then it marries itself to the truck's VIN. Which means it can't be used on any other truck unless you send it back to Hypertech to have it reprogrammed. That is what Hypertech told me when I traded in my gasser for my D-Max. Was going to sell it to recover some cash. The only thing I liked about their box is you can have a but load og gauges all in one screen. I would hold out for something better. Like almost anything. But that is me and mine.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It would seem this section is a little more fitting to get answers to this question!!:D

Moved Here.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
We ran the Hypertech on our '02 before learning of other options...It ran smooth, shifted good and picked up a little MPG...If that's what you're looking for and the programmer is guarenteed to be "VIN unlocked", go for it...It you want something more, EFI Live is the answer for numerous reasons..

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
We ran the Hypertech on our '02 before learning of other options...It ran smooth, shifted good and picked up a little MPG...If that's what you're looking for and the programmer is guarenteed to be "VIN unlocked", go for it...It you want something more, EFI Live is the answer for numerous reasons..

I would agree, I ran the hypertech max energy for a wile on my truck. it was ok. I think it just made me want more power so then i bought an edge. now i Pull my truck every chance i get with a ppe hot +2. If i were to do it all over again id buy efi live any day of the week.

privatejb

Jul 17, 2009
Sand Box
hypertech is not the best its ok tho i have one on a powerstroke..id go with the ppe if i were you. i been trying to sell mine. i have the 225hp one perfect for towing and fuel econ 2-3mpg, and at same time the power can be there.$300 shipped paid $550 .let me kno

is it for a lly motor ????

hoffman199

May 14, 2009
get efi live and have someone make you a milage tune. thats what im in the process of right now. i have had edge and ppe hot+2et. the ppe gives you better milage and a ton of power but you cant beat efi live. imo

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I am running a hypertech, borrowed it from a friend and ran it at a sled pull and just haven't taken it out yet. It woke my truck up a bit, little better mileage. If its cheap and all you want is a little more power and fuel econ then get it. Won't have to worry about your trans with it either. I know if I had a tuner with 10 levels or whatever I would end up upping the levels and then limp my trans. :)
Fill out your sig, what truck do you have?

Last edited: