Hummer H2 Dmax engine swap?

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Been thinking of buying a Hummer H2 and trying to swap in a duramax/Allison...anyone done something like this before??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Rode in one probably 12+ years ago, it was fun. So at least I know it’s possible, but know nothing other than that.

Reactions: J_Stone06

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
From my understanding it's literally a 3/4 ton GM front end under it. I'm sure it can be done, just not sure how big of a pain it would be. I just personally think it would be super bad@ss.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I know it has been done I have even seen "kits" for this, I think it is much easier than the Humvee H1 (military) that I am doing now
Do you have a build thread for this ??? If not, why??? I am going to take liberty in speaking for everyone and say we want to see!!!

Reactions: 2004LB7

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
Wichita, i told those guys we would like them to share their info. They have been doing this for a very long time and guess he's board with it. It's his lively hood; old news to them?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I've heard it's pretty easy, just go model year for model year on swap and it should be pretty straight forward mechanically. No diffrent than any LS swap really, for what your spending a supercharger and a few supporting mods would put you in the same power level for way less money unless you have the time and swap parts already. 6.0 with boost is a animal and h2 have 4l80 with AAM rear so they can take the power.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Wichita, i told those guys we would like them to share their info. They have been doing this for a very long time and guess he's board with it. It's his lively hood; old news to them?
I'm about an hour and a half North of you. I think it is just cool transplanting the duramax. I dunno about the price tag they want for one of their kits though. 30k seems a little steep to me.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I've heard it's pretty easy, just go model year for model year on swap and it should be pretty straight forward mechanically. No diffrent than any LS swap really, for what your spending a supercharger and a few supporting mods would put you in the same power level for way less money unless you have the time and swap parts already. 6.0 with boost is a animal and h2 have 4l80 with AAM rear so they can take the power.
Honestly man, I just love the idea of having a built duramax engine in one. I know I'm probably dreaming, but I think it would be badass. I know doing bolt-on stuff for a 5.3, 6.0, or 6.2 engines would be much cheaper overall. I told my wife once I fix the front end issues I'm having, I need to be satisfied with my truck and stop pushing my luck. I just like to tinker a little too much I guess.

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
I'm about an hour and a half North of you. I think it is just cool transplanting the duramax. I dunno about the price tag they want for one of their kits though. 30k seems a little steep to me.

We'll have to catch up at some point 👍
The only thing i can say is, the turn key option for some is worth every penny.
After speaking with his last customer (and he was a buddy from their early years) he still had 17k in it and helping with the swap. (I wish i had the time and money to do a swap on anything).
There are a quite a few trust worthy shops out there that do some great work and piece of mind is priceless.