LB7: HTT 66/71/14 Opinions

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I had planned on a GT4094r but the deal fell through, looks like the HTT 66/71/13 is in my price range, any of you guys have one? had one? Any input would be appriecated, how does it drive? How much power can it make on a single CP3 stock motor? I don't want to twist the rods out of it but I'd like to make close to 600 rwhp am I dreaming or is that possible with the HTT?? I use my truck to plow snow so it needs to be streetable. I want to pull the trigger on this very soon just want to be sure this is a good fit for me.

Thanks
Justin

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I love mine, but I have the 66/71/16.

Mine lights and comes on like a freight train, but that was with an ATS 5Star (pretty tight converter). I have yet to put it back together with the ML Precision.

My II mod CP3 gives me more fuel than I can really use with the HTT and keep the EGT's at anything near reasonable with a race tune. I can tow with a tune that is near 500hp, but have to roll into the throttle real gently so I do not break loose in 2WD. :D If I start pulling steep grades, I back off the tune a little to keep the EGT's below 1250.

Don't know what to say about rods, except that I have a set of Carrillo's in the shop waiting for the day....:roflmao:

Edit: Oh, by the way, the HTT makes a really good base for a set of triples....

tractor

Mar 19, 2009
Spring Creek,NV
Spool up on the 13 0r 14 is great I tried the 16cm housing and didnt like it compared to the others.
I switched the HTT for the Industrial 366 silver bullet and droped alot of drive pressure and gained good boost.
Darryl

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
More than I need I think. I don't want to go crazy I can't see it being more than 585-600 in my future, I need to use this truck as a DD and I plow snow, tow trailers, all that fun stuff.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
One of the best things I did to the truck. I pieced the kit together myself and saved some money there, so it wasn't that expensive. I think I have about 2 grand in it. Its the 66/71/16. It drives great, tows great. I make about 44lbs. Fun to drive on the street. I would do it again in a heartbeat:thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Are your injectors stock now? I know you have been battling with it. Is say you could still be very happy with the 42 if you had the injectors honed. If they are stock, then yea, a smaller charger would be better for you. Just be careful with the s300, different companies use different quality center sections, some only last a short while. Id stick with bullseye or FI