how to wire in kill switch?

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
tech said this year all 2.6 trucks need a fuel or air shut off how are you guys doing this for a fuel cut off? I was thinking of tapping into the ecm power feed somehow? then running a switch to the back of the truck for the sled to hook to.

I don't like the idea of it but whatever looking for ideas of what you pullers have done thanks

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
Your best bet would be to kill the air supply, doing a fuel switch sounds way too tricky, unless you use a dsp2 switch and just write a tune with no fuel and call it a kill switch?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Your best bet would be to kill the air supply, doing a fuel switch sounds way too tricky, unless you use a dsp2 switch and just write a tune with no fuel and call it a kill switch?

All you need to do is interrupt the power to the ecm and you'd have cut the fuel. However for a true fail safe, cutting the air supply is the safest option.

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
if you suffer an internal engine failure of some sort and engine oil is able to get up into the top of those cylinders your engine will run away and blow up unless you can shut the air off.even a turbo failure can sometimes allow enough oil to get into the engine to let it run away.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
if you suffer an internal engine failure of some sort and engine oil is able to get up into the top of those cylinders your engine will run away and blow up unless you can shut the air off.even a turbo failure can sometimes allow enough oil to get into the engine to let it run away.

don't have one, not buying one, not refabbing my intake for one. that's the only instance a duramax runs away freak things.