How screwed am I?

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Long story but I will try to keep it short. It all started with indicator line not showing up on dash. No big deal I could pull-down to 3rd back to drive and was fine. I work on the road and didn't have time to deal with it so I let it go. About a month into this it reved and trans limped to 4th while running down the intersate camper in tow. This happened about 4 more times before I got home for Christmas. While at home I replaced nsbu and be cause it had a C0055 I replaced the speed sensor in the tranfercase. Could not get it to replicate the problem from before, with no camper. So today I head out to Texas for a job, camper in tow. It got worse and worse. Specs and codes follow.
2004 lb7
341000 miles on tcase
55k on built Trans not a bit of trouble towing on a 110hp tune from Rob.
I have never pulled this many codes from 1 vehicle but I am not a professional.
All Pulled with an action (My clone tech 2 died)
Transfer case
4- U1255 class 2 communication malfunctions
U1003
U1009
U1064 Loss of Bcm, dash integration module
U1024 lost communication withTcm
C0306 Motor a/b circuit malfunction
C0327 Encoder circuit
C0359 4lo discrete output circuit malfunction
C0379 front axle circuit malfunction
C0550 ecu malfunction
B0790 transfer case neutral indicator circuit
B2725 mode switch circuit malfunction
U 1301 class 2 data link high
And to limp it a P735

I am pretty sure new tcase is needed but I thought I would check with the pros.

duckmans83

Oct 13, 2018
GA
Dang, does not sound fun. I'm no expert on these but when I purchased my lly, I was told it went into limp mode once while towing and the guy thought it was the tcm. I looked into it some and found what I thought was a common problem per the video I saw but it was for the 04- trucks. Was issue with tcm harness/connector. Was a couple years ago but think it was the pins in connector on harness side backing out. Was a free fix but was not my problem. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I doubt its mechanical, as all those codes point to a databus issue. IMO, broken wire in harness or bad/corroded connection somewhere -- probably under the truck in the trans/tcase harness. It will take time to find.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Turns out it was the transfer case. Some how spun the output snap ring out of the the grommet and back thru without cutting grommet. Chewed up the new speed sensor.

Found a TC to get by, what are your thoughts on Kodiak Truck TC rebuilds, or any other options?