homemade Dual Feed line questions

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
OK, so I don't want to give II $250 for a part that prolly cost them <$75 to make, so I emailed them asking for just the fittings twice with no response. where can i get the fittings? i know i can get the Parker Flex-line from Mcmaster. Anyone done there own yet and have extra supplies?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
they've always been about $250. I think you are finding the problem with making your own... those fittings. I don't know of anyone that has been able to find those fittings to make their own. I think Simon attempted to but came up short and it seems like he has as good a selection of fittings as most.

Good luck.

C-ya

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
sorry, i mistyped, it's $300....even more reason to figure out how to source the fittings...this is BS
Paying more for something that has been thought out to a T and has had blood sweat and tears put into it is one thing, but not paying a 400% markup on a simple part that uses fittings that are just hard to find

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Juddski, I have a vendor here in Omaha whom if I can come up with a length and fitting types they can have them special made. As for price, do not know but I am willing to give you their contact info if you like. I planned on using my works buying power to get reasonable rates. The only reason I know this much is because I want them to make me hard lines/flex lines for when I relocate my 2nd cp3 with custom brackets and such.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
thanks Josh, yes if you could PM their info that would be awesome, I remember you mentioning it back when MDE had the DIY 2cp3 thread, i was interested in that too, lol

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I had contacted Industrial Injection about the duel feed line several times, they say they wont work on a LLY though....................even though Diesel Tech Magazine put it on the project LLY several issues back. If you figure out how to make it work, i'd be interested :D

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
About 4 years ago i used to work for Parker, and back then the HP lines were $195 WD pricing! So i would say that a $300 retail is normal. That was the old line, they have since introduced a upgraded unit, which should work better

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
they've always been about $250. I think you are finding the problem with making your own... those fittings. I don't know of anyone that has been able to find those fittings to make their own. I think Simon attempted to but came up short and it seems like he has as good a selection of fittings as most.

Good luck.

C-ya
Volker is the only person I am aware of? Ive contanted alot of people about building custom lines and nothing has ever panned out

As far as the hose Ts ,90s, manifolds & check valves i can get all that stuff in medium pressure stuff ( 35k psi ) And wanted to do a complete new set of lines.Not to the injectors, Just from both cp3s to the rails.

My problom is the rail fitting:(

I had contacted Industrial Injection about the duel feed line several times, they say they wont work on a LLY though....................even though Diesel Tech Magazine put it on the project LLY several issues back. If you figure out how to make it work, i'd be interested :D

Find out how long there hose is,Im sure we could make it work its the same thread on lb7 and LLY

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

I talked to Ryan at diesel tech, he owns the sliver cclb LLY. This is what he had to say.

Quote:
I don't know what it would do on a stock CP3, but it made a noticable improvement on our truck with the modified FPR and CP3. It was a pain making the line fit, though, mainly because capping off the feed fitting from the primary rail was almost impossible without getting a leak. And we've replaced the dual line once because the line began to separate from the fitting that is clamped on the end of it. But we for sure didn't loose power with it.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Guys, I have the II Dual Feed, Bout $300 is what i payed iirc. I had mine way back before they even upgraded the line! My original eventually burst and they warrentied me a new upgraded one with no charge/issues or anything, great guys!

I have all positives to say about it! This is SOTP feel for it but, much snappier throttle responce, more power/pull, held rail psi better too VS without it, so Im happy with it!

Now iirc the new style hose is about $75 a foot. Waterjet machines use this kind of stuff too. The problem with building your own, as noted, the fittings. Besides the fittings on the line being hard to get, the others are likly harder. The rail psi outlet fitting that goes in the CP3 is prolly next to impossible to get. There is no T's in the system! It comes with a special new fitting that replaces the bottom cylinder's checkvalve fitting for the feed line inlet source! It feeds the line directly from a CP3 pressure element to the LB7 fuel distribution block where another special fitting is required. A new fitting screws inplace of the hi-psi regulator/relief valve. You know, the one that alot of you guys shim or plug the bolt in the other end. That piece stays bolted to the low-psi return system but the other end sits open because theres an adaptor where it used to be in the Dist. block. I have no idea where one could get those two fittings. The line ends and mating ends on the adapters appear to be the exact same as our rail fittings, ie: lines, injectors, etc.

Remember Ind. Inj. is just that, a diesel injection shop therefore places as such are prolly going to be the only places to get these things? I doubt they'll sell just the fittings. Another injection shop??? maybe. As I said the other adaptor fittings are going to be the issue.

As for why not LLY and newer....I know the DF line feeds into the LB7 fuel block, correct me if im wrong but the fuel distrubution block is an LB7 only thing? Now as said, it could prolly be made to fit the (passenger side?) rail of the newer models? Since its a rail fitting end on the line and the newer d-maxes feed one rail off the other?

This line is a biatch to work with though, like bending a sprung bullwhip! It kinda sucks to westle around in place and it dosnt bend well/much!

Hope that is helpful too you all;):hug::D

Last edited:

ChevyDealer

Dec 12, 2008
Missouri
Guys, I have the II Dual Feed, Bout $300 is what i payed iirc. I had mine way back before they even upgraded the line! My original eventually burst and they warrentied me a new upgraded one with no charge/issues or anything, great guys!

I have all positives to say about it! This is SOTP feel for it but, much snappier throttle responce, more power/pull, held rail psi better too VS without it, so Im happy with it!

Now iirc the new style hose is about $75 a foot. Waterjet machines use this kind of stuff too. The problem with building your own, as noted, the fittings. Besides the fittings on the line being hard to get, the others are likly harder. The rail psi outlet fitting that goes in the CP3 is prolly next to impossible to get. There is no T's in the system! It comes with a special new fitting that replaces the bottom cylinder's checkvalve fitting for the feed line inlet source! It feeds the line directly from a CP3 pressure element to the LB7 fuel distribution block where another special fitting is required. A new fitting screws inplace of the hi-psi regulator/relief valve. You know, the one that alot of you guys shim or plug the bolt in the other end. That piece stays bolted to the low-psi return system but the other end sits open because theres an adaptor where it used to be in the Dist. block. I have no idea where one could get those two fittings. The line ends and mating ends on the adapters appear to be the exact same as our rail fittings, ie: lines, injectors, etc.

Remember Ind. Inj. is just that, a diesel injection shop therefore places as such are prolly going to be the only places to get these things? I doubt they'll sell just the fittings. Another injection shop??? maybe. As I said the other adaptor fittings are going to be the issue.

As for why not LLY and newer....I know the DF line feeds into the LB7 fuel block, correct me if im wrong but the fuel distrubution block is an LB7 only thing? Now as said, it could prolly be made to fit the (passenger side?) rail of the newer models? Since its a rail fitting end on the line and the newer d-maxes feed one rail off the other?

This line is a biatch to work with though, like bending a sprung bullwhip! It kinda sucks to westle around in place and it dosnt bend well/much!

Hope that is helpful too you all;):hug::D

Good info and I can vouch that it is all spot on including the bursted line and replaced under warranty, holding rail pressure better, the difference between the LB7 & LLY, and the chore getting it on the truck.:thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
ok, got off the phone with Cody at II and he sold me the fitting that goes into the CP3 and holds the check ball for $37 and some change and the fitting to replace the FPRV bolt for $32 and change....so I ordered 2 sets and the screw on fittings are 17mmx 1.5 he said so i'll just get those fittings from my buddy who does hose and i'll order the Parker line tomorrow