high rail pressure no start

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
I have a built dual cp motor that i can not get started i tried removing the belt and hooking the stock cp back up and get the same thing 26106 rail pressure when i crank the motor. The GPM is removed and the return rate sender on the return line was removed but i plugged the sender back in and the same thing. The fuse on the ppe cp harness is o.k. also.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Sounds to me like the fuel pressure regulator on the cp3 has no power. Even though you have disconnected the second cp3, unless you've removed the belt, you are still in effect commanding full rail pressure. Or you have a stuck regulator.

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
try cracking a line to relieve the pressure , then re-tighten and try again , it happened to me once and that worked , if that doesnt like Mike said , look into the regulator .

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Heck, I was going after the high rail pressure and not the no run issue. What does a log show while cranking? Pulse width in particular?

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Thanks i will check or give these a try later today and let you guys know what happens. Is there a way to check to see if the cp is getting power?

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Heck, I was going after the high rail pressure and not the no run issue. What does a log show while cranking? Pulse width in particular?

Also remember that if the rail is too high while cranking the ECM wont let the truck start , when i ran into the same problem i chased it for a while and then finally just relieved the pressure and walla , it finally commanded the injectors to fire and she started right up .

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Double check your cam and crank sensors to see if there are swapped.
The winner
I had the plugs swapped didn't even know they were the same plugs just went by the way the wires looked. Got it to start popping off and the battery died. Will post a vid after shes running. Thanks guys

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
The winner
I had the plugs swapped didn't even know they were the same plugs just went by the way the wires looked. Got it to start popping off and the battery died. Will post a vid after shes running. Thanks guys

Easy way to tell if you have them reversed. Try logging rpm of a start up attempt. If the values for RPM is stupid high. You have the sensors confused.:thumb:

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Thats our Kat, every time I screw sumptin up workin in the garage i just stroll up to the house and beg Kat away from her Farmville, and she comes out and shows me how stupid I am, smacks me up side the head after all is fixed and flies off into the sun set....:thumb:

Two plugs so close together, with identical sensors, and no key-way or clocking difference............another GM engineer who needed a vacation or shot.