Hey Cindy

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If I send my V1 in to upgrade to a V2 what happens with the EGR and DPF capabilities?

All hardware dispatched will contain our current software. There may be a lag of 1-2 weeks in some instances with dealer stock already in the network when an update is released..

If a V2 is dispatched after our software update, it will contain regional restrictions.

Cheers
Cindy

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
All hardware dispatched will contain our current software. There may be a lag of 1-2 weeks in some instances with dealer stock already in the network when an update is released..

If a V2 is dispatched after our software update, it will contain regional restrictions.

Cheers
Cindy

What if someone gave him the old software? All the hardware is the same right?

christopherglenn

Aug 26, 2012
Are the regional restrictions in the firmware, or main software? If the firmware, will upgrading the main software require a firmware upgrade? How are existing v2's going to be effected?

What if someone gave him the old software? All the hardware is the same right?
Hardware is the same, the thing with running old software is you need to be running matching firmware or customers may experience issues. Firmware cannot be downgraded.

Are the regional restrictions in the firmware, or main software? If the firmware, will upgrading the main software require a firmware upgrade? How are existing v2's going to be effected?
It makes no difference where our changes are made. Software requires current firmware. Running old firmware with new software will cause issues, just like running new firmware on old software will cause issues. Customers need to ensure they are running matching software and firmware.

What if your vehicle is a race only vehicle?

We would be happy to discuss these concerns with you and see what we can work out. You'd need to be able to demonstrate that the vehicle is NOT registered for road use to commence those discussions.

While I know this hasn't answered all the questions asked here, we've given customers the ability to ask questions in a central thread. You should read that thread and direct any further questions there. Here is the link

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21154-Diesel-tuning-restrictions-for-USA-customers

Cheers
Cindy