Here's a crappy vid. Does this and dies, I got codes p0642, p0802

[YOUTUBE]X6OkLfpmxAY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
wow, that dont sound right. can you hook up your EFI Live and get a log of the split second it runs?

sounds electrical of some sort. check all ground?

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
wow, that dont sound right. can you hook up your EFI Live and get a log of the split second it runs?

sounds electrical of some sort. check all ground?

Haven't tried to hook it up to log.

That is EXACTLY what the rub through on the harness did to my buddy's LLY It was on the #5 and #2 injectors.

Nick

I've looked for electrical rub, the alternator rub spot i've had fixed for sometime now. So many wires!! Where did it rub through on your buddy's LLY duramaxdiesel? Was it the injector connector themselves needing ice picked or somewhere else?
I was thinking the ecm went bad, if that can just happen like that, i was all amped to buy a new tuned one :)

Last edited:

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
Here is my update. Looked around at injector #5 seen some rub through on the loom, didn't notice anything on the wire, but cleaned it and taped it up anyway. Checked the other injector connectors for rub, they look good. Started the truck and it was fine, drove a bit and it does the same thing! I took a log of some things, and when it cuts out the oil pressure gauge goes crazy and flashes "low oil pressure". The log shows no problem with oil pressure though, i also got the p0642 code, i have already changed the oil pressure sensor. Guessing the wire is rubbed through somewhere, so that's my next step. Just thought i'd update. :thumb:

GAFarmer

Sep 23, 2009
I have the same problem. I have and lly but mine typically doesn't go dead, just chatters real hard and smokes. It sounds like high rail pressure rather than an injector misfire. I have replaced FPR, fuel pressure sensor, ECM, and engine wiring harness. Thought the harness fixed it. After more than a week it dorked out again. Mine won't do it all the time and it's unpredictable at that so I haven't been able to log it. Throws all kinds of codes lime its a ground but i cant find one that is bad. I still believe it a wiring issue. Maybe at the ECM itself. I am so frustrated! I will try to post up a vid.

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I have the same problem. I have and lly but mine typically doesn't go dead, just chatters real hard and smokes. It sounds like high rail pressure rather than an injector misfire. I have replaced FPR, fuel pressure sensor, ECM, and engine wiring harness. Thought the harness fixed it. After more than a week it dorked out again. Mine won't do it all the time and it's unpredictable at that so I haven't been able to log it. Throws all kinds of codes lime its a ground but i cant find one that is bad. I still believe it a wiring issue. Maybe at the ECM itself. I am so frustrated! I will try to post up a vid.

That's exactly it. I haven't tried a new FPR (which is still pretty new) or the fuel pressure sensor. Yesterday it didn't miss a beat, today it is bein rough. :mad:

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Just for curiosities sake, have you guys tried flashing in a stock or otherwise different calibration? Ive had some pretty freaky shit happen when a corrupted calibration has been flashed into the ECM.

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
Just for curiosities sake, have you guys tried flashing in a stock or otherwise different calibration? Ive had some pretty freaky shit happen when a corrupted calibration has been flashed into the ECM.

It started acting up with the same dsp5 i've been running for months, i did give a reflash though afterwards, but the same cal.

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I reflashed my truck with an updated OS, a stock one. Ran normal for a while and started acting up again as usual. But thing is now it went engine limp on me and did the whole won't go over 2000rpm thing. Mine seems as if it's rail pressure, guess i'll put a new fuel pressure sensor on even though i don't feel it will fix it. :mad:

Shiiiiiit. I flashed a new stock OS in but never changed anything for egr and my straight pipe, no wonder it ran like poop. :D

Last edited:

dancojoe

Nov 19, 2010
I have 05 LLY SAME EXACT PROB. P0642 Replaced Fuel Rail Pres. Sensor, Oil Pres. Sensor, EGR Valve, Pedal Assy, Did Injector harness update per TSB, Replaced and Reflashed ECM Still no change... Prob is intermittent, but I cant drive because when it happens, I'm stuck... Any news on your end? Did you ever find out what was causing your probs... I am sure the harness is prob. rubbed through somewhere, but where??

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I have 05 LLY SAME EXACT PROB. P0642 Replaced Fuel Rail Pres. Sensor, Oil Pres. Sensor, EGR Valve, Pedal Assy, Did Injector harness update per TSB, Replaced and Reflashed ECM Still no change... Prob is intermittent, but I cant drive because when it happens, I'm stuck... Any news on your end? Did you ever find out what was causing your probs... I am sure the harness is prob. rubbed through somewhere, but where??

Yeah, after replacing everything you did minus egr valve, i took it to the dealer and they did an accelerator pedal relearn on it. Hasn't missed a beat since. Hope this helps.