Helper bags with a 3/5 drop

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Got a picture of how exactly you did your return line? I'm trying to make the picture jn my head and it's not working lol. I do like that bag setup. Might have to give that a try this summer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
those bags are almost fully extended, does your ride height drop quite a bit after you put the bed and everything back on? if not, you will tear those bags apart like that and get a pretty rough ride

solidrunner

Oct 19, 2015
Seatac, WA
Those bags are in the neutral position, exactly like they are in the Firestone kit. I measured the distance between the frame and the axle with the bed on, and then used a rachet strap to load the suspension without the bed on. I've done quite a few air ride setups, I'm not worried about it.

solidrunner

Oct 19, 2015
Seatac, WA
I might add some gussets from the top of the mount to the frame. I'm going to put some weight in the bed and air the bags up and see what kind of flex the mount has in it. Its kind of hard to see in the pictures, but the wings on the sides of the mount are about 4" long and come down at about a 45 degree angle.

solidrunner

Oct 19, 2015
Seatac, WA
Got a picture of how exactly you did your return line? I'm trying to make the picture jn my head and it's not working lol. I do like that bag setup. Might have to give that a try this summer

Are you talking about the return for the FASS?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Ummm. Honestly now I can't remember. I guess I'm curious how you did the lines since you add the sump what do you do with the pickup from factory location?

solidrunner

Oct 19, 2015
Seatac, WA
I ran the return for thru FASS to the factory suction line. I used the fuel line adapters provided with the kit, so the connection is still down by the fuel cooler. It works awesome.

907a4

Nov 17, 2010
Alaska
Im trying to figure out how to run bags on my truck right now too. Just finished it last weekend but I need to notch it i think and am also considering doing my bags inside the frame. Any issues with it so far?
popnSZz5j

plPMJhkjj