Help with Ca LMM MODS

Leonard Simmons

Oct 5, 2018
I am new to diesels, and would like information on deleting my DPF and blocking EGR , Ca vehical,

Is it possible for me to install the parts and install the tune, and when it comes time to smog, reset everything to stock , and then repeat.
I would like to know what tuner to use to achieve this goal. I have talked to a few guys, some say the computer will always show that you messed with it, and will not be able to pass smog.

I am new to this and would love to get solid info. So I can make my LMM run like a BEAST!
Also about the EGR, is it better to block it, or just have the software take care of it. I do not plan on doing much more then the delete for the both.

Ill be happy with that.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
We don't openly talk about deleting emissions but if you use the search function on here you will likely find exactly to what you are looking for

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Depending on where you live in CA, the cops are pretty aggressive about pulling over smoking trucks that should have a DPF, and some places even have sensors at freeway on-ramps. Gotta love CA! LOL

The point is, you might be better off with a tune that doesn't delete the DPF. You'll get away with it easier.

If you look around the forum, you'll see who does tunes, and what they offer. There's a whole vendor section. I'd get in contact with one of them, see what they're willing to do for you.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Leonard Simmons

Oct 5, 2018
Ok, I get it. Whats the most popular tuner to use to improve my gas millage, shift points, and overall performance of my 2009 LMM.:thumb:

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
There's several on the market but with cali, they don't want anything of that sort here unless it's CARB (smog or 50 state) legal. If you are just looking for better fuel economy and a little bit of pulling power PPE (vendor on this site) has their xcelerator handheld programmer for 06-10 trucks are tagged as emissions compliant for all 50 states. I don't think there are any other carb legal tuners out here to my knowledge.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited: