LLY: Help Truck just died

Ajstine

Jan 2, 2015
My truck just died while driving like it ran out of fuel but has half a tank I primed the filter got fuel coming out and got it running and did not happen again what can I do to prevent this from happening again or how can I diagnose the issue fuel filter is not old and gauge is working properly no codes thrown

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
It's common for the stock fuel filter housing to leak allowing air to be introduced into the fuel system causing a loss in prime. Either rebuild housing with new seals or install a lift pump with filtration and delete stock fuel filter and housing.

Ajstine

Jan 2, 2015
I'm curious about the lift pump idea how are they to install is it a pretty easy job or is it something that is more in depth I installed the transgo jr kit and rebuilt my front end are we talking something around that level or are we talking brain surgery I am hardly a shade tree mechanic if that and do you think the edge jwa would benefit from a lift pump set up or is the stock cp3 plenty capable of feeding an 80 horse tune

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Bolt it on, splice into fuel lines, connect to power.

And your juice w/a would benefit you by not existing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rodbuilder

Aug 16, 2016
I'm curious about the lift pump idea how are they to install is it a pretty easy job or is it something that is more in depth I installed the transgo jr kit and rebuilt my front end are we talking something around that level or are we talking brain surgery I am hardly a shade tree mechanic if that and do you think the edge jwa would benefit from a lift pump set up or is the stock cp3 plenty capable of feeding an 80 horse tune

I just put one on my 2000 Dodge and here's what I used:

Go to Carquest and ask for their "improved" lift pump for a 2000 Dodge. This pump is an inline pump that will handle any stock Cummins, or Duramax and is really easy to make a mount for.

All I did to mount it was weld a 4'x4" piece of 1/4" plate to the frame after I drilled three holes in it, to fit the new pump. Naturally the wires came from the old Raptor setup, but you could also run a new wire (fused!) from ya keyed-ignition source and ground the pump to the firewall someplace, so the connection will stay clean and not rust.

You'll have to hunt down the necessary fittings to use with the pump but I think I got mine right there at the Carquest store? They don't have to exactly match the threads, because you can use some Teflon tape to make the threads nice and tight.

I think the new pump was about $90 or so.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I just put one on my 2000 Dodge and here's what I used:

Go to Carquest and ask for their "improved" lift pump for a 2000 Dodge. This pump is an inline pump that will handle any stock Cummins, or Duramax and is really easy to make a mount for.

All I did to mount it was weld a 4'x4" piece of 1/4" plate to the frame after I drilled three holes in it, to fit the new pump. Naturally the wires came from the old Raptor setup, but you could also run a new wire (fused!) from ya keyed-ignition source and ground the pump to the firewall someplace, so the connection will stay clean and not rust.

You'll have to hunt down the necessary fittings to use with the pump but I think I got mine right there at the Carquest store? They don't have to exactly match the threads, because you can use some Teflon tape to make the threads nice and tight.

I think the new pump was about $90 or so.

I sure as F hope he's figured out how to install a lift pump in a years time...