Help!! Tcm p0708

GeorgiaDieselGTO

Wants to drive his truck
May 12, 2010
Crossville
I had this exact problem with an A50 controller. It was the tcm. To diagnose i switched out the tcm with the one off my other truck and the problem jumped trucks. Dealer Flashed a new tcm and i was good to go

Forrest_ray

Mar 16, 2015
i sure appreciate all the info y'all are giving. it really means a lot. I'm located in Prattville,AL and if theres a shop within a couple of hours ill sure take it by there. i thought it was the tcm but i got another tcm and put on it and it didn't fix it, it actually threw more codes out. it was a used tcm and the dealership said that its communicating with them but now its throwing more codes. i put the truck back to stock on my efi and the problem is still there. something i forgot to mention is that when i put on the straight pipe exhaust and the efi live and drove it, everything was fine like normal and the next day i was gonna go through my tunes and see how they worked, all the way to level 6 and got on it pretty hard. well i went on home and the next day i drove it maybe 30 miles and when i crunk it up to leave thats when the codes came. its a 2011 dually with 4" lift and 6 35's with 5" flo pro exhaust and efi live, thats all thats on it. no lift pumps, intakes, injectors or anything like that. i wonder if the level 6 was to much for it??

Forrest_ray

Mar 16, 2015
Well it has a new tcm and still no fix. It use to say "shift inhibited" and wuldnt go into any gear then after i got it back from the dealer it didnt do that anymore. It still gets stuck in gear when the codes pop up. I have been running it in the stock setting and all i wuld have to do was clear the codes when they came on and it wuld shift fine. When i first put ithe efi in the truck everything was fine until i put it in level 4 then everything went down hill. I put it in level 4 the other day just to see what wuld happen and when i started driving it made it to 4th gear and wuldnt shift up or down. I had to put it back in stock and clear the codes. Then the "shift inhibated" came back on and now its acting up again. I ran the truck in level 3 when i put efi on it and never had a single problem. I even put it in level 6 (only for 10 minutes or so) and no problems but when i put it in level 4 and drove maybe 20 miles these problems came up. A few times it has thrown over 40 codes at once. All tcm codes.

davycrockett3

Sep 24, 2014
Help

Well it has a new tcm and still no fix. It use to say "shift inhibited" and wuldnt go into any gear then after i got it back from the dealer it didnt do that anymore. It still gets stuck in gear when the codes pop up. I have been running it in the stock setting and all i wuld have to do was clear the codes when they came on and it wuld shift fine. When i first put ithe efi in the truck everything was fine until i put it in level 4 then everything went down hill. I put it in level 4 the other day just to see what wuld happen and when i started driving it made it to 4th gear and wuldnt shift up or down. I had to put it back in stock and clear the codes. Then the "shift inhibated" came back on and now its acting up again. I ran the truck in level 3 when i put efi on it and never had a single problem. I even put it in level 6 (only for 10 minutes or so) and no problems but when i put it in level 4 and drove maybe 20 miles these problems came up. A few times it has thrown over 40 codes at once. All tcm codes.

Please let me know what happened to your truck mine is doing the same exact thing and I have no idea whats going on