Help no start

duramaxnokaoi

Mar 27, 2010
Just got done doing head gaskets, and now the truck won't start. I'e primed the system several times and my edge will see about .6-.7K PSI of fuel pressure while cranking. Any ideas?

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
Truck needs 1500 lbs of pressure to even open the injectors. Take the cap off the test port by alternator, prime the filter til hard. Then take a screwdriver and rag and push down on the valve inside the port. Go back to priming again, then back to the test port, repeat until no more air comes out. Prime again til hard and try cranking truck over.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Truck needs 1500 lbs of pressure to even open the injectors. Take the cap off the test port by alternator, prime the filter til hard. Then take a screwdriver and rag and push down on the valve inside the port. Go back to priming again, then back to the test port, repeat until no more air comes out. Prime again til hard and try cranking truck over.

X2

duramaxnokaoi

Mar 27, 2010
Tried fuses. Clean fuel coming out of test port.

What would cause low rail pressure? We have cracked lines loose while cranking and have plenty of fuel dribbling, but not spraying/squirting.

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
The cp3 hasn't got the fuel yet. Once it does it will take right off. Can you hook a charger up to the truck or maybe use another vehicle? Might just need the engine spinning over alittle faster.

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
If there is more than one of you there you can try pumping the filter while cranking the engine.. That will sometimes help.

duramaxnokaoi

Mar 27, 2010
tried removing the entire bleeder screw on the fuel filter housing and priming. Aboslutely nothing but clean fuel and no air. Nothing but clean fuel coming out of the test port @ alternator too. after cranking for about 5 seconds the edge climbs from 0.0KPSI fuel rail pressure up to about 0.6KPSI.

Any idea why the CP4 wouldn't be making the necessary fuel pressure with a good prime/supply?

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
If the cp3 is air bound it's not going to suck the fuel very well. Do you have the feed line in the fitting on the cp3 that points towards the firewall?

duramaxnokaoi

Mar 27, 2010
was the crossover line on the driver side that feeds the passenger side rail… not quite all the way tight. Tightened it up and she cranked up quick. Thanks guys

duramaxnokaoi

Mar 27, 2010
Hey guys thanks for the help again. So I drove her all around this weekend and everything seems great. The only thing is, I'm not sure if I was supposed to lock tight the bell housing bolts.. help:(