Allison 5sp: HELP! Full reflash and now in limp

MuscleTruck03

Wants a turbo!! or two...
Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
So last night I went to do a full reflash on my PCM back to stock os so I could try a tuner, well my dumba#@ wasn't paying attention that I had a TCM file up and it started flashing the TCM... I was worried about unplugging it real quick so I just let it go, well now I'm stuck in limp mode... anyone help me out in getting this thing recovered please :eek:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
So it completed the TCM flash correct? What TCM tune was it? I would think you could just do a full reflash with the stock TCM tune and you should be ok?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
If it didn't fail those first few seconds when the stop light is red then I would think a full re-flash with your original trans tune should work.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I was under the impression you only need to pull the file out the first time to save it, after that, you should be able to just flash over anything that is there? Right.

That's what/how i do it with the ecm tunes, i flash atp tunes over dt tunes and back and forth with out issue. Idk about the tcm, it could be different.

Do you have the stock tcm file saved anywhere, who flashed your tcm, maybe they have the file saved and can email it to you?

I know nothing, just trying to throw out a couple ideas.

Good luck, from one Jason to another :hug:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yes i did read that, was a hope of a question really, that maybe a shop might have it?

What about checking the gm data base, cross reference your vin# or something like that?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Yes i did read that, was a hope of a question really, that maybe a shop might have it?

What about checking the gm data base, cross reference your vin# or something like that?

I ask again, did you read any of the posts above??

ok, my problem is I dont have my stock tune... my motor os is 15189044, how do I know which trans os I need?

I believe try this: http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4973

If not that ECM calibration is the same as what is in mine.

Ok I checked out that link and found the cal and os I need, Im trying a full flash now to see if I can get it back.. let's hope

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
OK Dustin, i went to the link, my bad, you had that covered like gravy on thanksgiving mashed potatoes( i suppose you'll tell me you dont eat gravy:roflmao::hug:)

I bookmarked that link too, thank you! And McRat!

MuscleTruck03

Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
Ok so I grabbed another tcm and threw it in and it seems to be ok but Im getting a ton of codes
a couple p2810
a couple p0700
and a bunch of wheel speed sensor codes, so now what?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Just keeping you on your toes coco...

You said your getting a ton of codes. What are they? How come you swapped TCM's? Did the stock reflash on your original TCM not work?? I believe the P2810 set because the '03 and older trucks did not use a G-solenoid in the valve body.

Edit: Was the TCM out of an 04.5 LLY?

MuscleTruck03

Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
Its possible..They just said it was out of an 04, didn't specify 04.5 or anything. It is shifting normal and everything just has a CEL. What do you think I should try next?