Help!! Died No Start

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Ok guys 2007 LBZ 74,000 miles went to drive the truck today gauge lit up but gauges were dead and wouldn't even try and crank .... Turned key on off on off and finally got the gauges to sweep and started right up... Drove 5 miles perfectly fine then out of no where I get the truck with lock light on dash (anti theft light?) check engine light , service abs, service 4wd , and the truck put itself in neutral and died I coasted to a stop and tried to start and when you turn the key it'll only crank for 1 second pause a second crank then crank again for a second all this without me letting off the key... I got a snap on modus and tried pulling codes as my edge insight couldn't find any .... Snap on couldn't pull any either... Disconnected the batteries waited a half hr connected them and it started up right away wtf I'm getting tired of this trucks electrical problems... Cruise has worked when it wants since day one!

Any suggestions? Batteries are 1.5 years old... Ecm connections are tight... Ground under driver door is tight... And I grounded out the tcm just to rule it out

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Were the batteries tight to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
Dunno if it is this, but worth a try

The TCM is manufactured so that the heatsink of the TCM is isolated from all vehicle electrical systems including vehicle chassis ground.Do not ground welders,battery chargers,electrostatic painters or any other equipment to the heatsink.Disconnect the 80 way connector from the TCM when electrically welding etc. to the vehicle.
To avoid damaging the TCM in this manner,NEVER ALLOW the following:
1. Battery positive wires to touch the heatsink of the TCM[e.g.When jump starting vehicle]
2. Positive battery power chassis harness wire to pin 10 and pin 70 of the TCM to be wired without fuse protection of 10-15 amps.
3. Physical contact between heatsink and vehicle chassis or other ground circuit points.
4. Electrical grounding of devices such as arc welders,battery chargers,and electrostatic painters,or jumper cables to the TCM heatsink.

Recommendations/Instructions: Take the following steps to check for damaged ground wire bondsif the symptoms for a concern are ''No Engine Crank'' and/or ''No Communications'' with Tech II.
1.Switch ignition key off.
2. Disconnect the TCM electrical connector and remove TCM from the vehicle.
3. Test for continuity between pins 9 and 69 at the TCM.If continuity exists between pins 9 and 69,then refer to steps in eSI for ''NO Engine Crank'' and/or ''No Communications''

If the circuit between pins 9 and 69 have no continuity,then the TCM has been damaged/shorted from some sort of external source shorting to the heatsink of the TCM.

1. Inspect for the source that shorted the TCM heatsink.
2. Eliminate or repair the source or condition that caused the damage.
3. Replace damaged TCM after the condition that caused the TCM damage has been corrected.

NOTE: Visual surface pits and carbon deposits are typically found on the TCM heatsink when high energy arcs are generated by shorts between the heatsink and battery power.

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Well it got going and died twice today... And I got two codes p2510 and p0700 I've been having relays go out so replaced the ecm relay and it's going for now :D ... The p0700 would clear and come right back I never limped the truck and got it to clear after cycling the key 5 times I don't have access to anything that will read tcm codes unfortunately

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
Nope danville loaded the tunes there... And I'm not sure I could data log it because it does it randomly I just drove 100 miles no problem.

LBZ-DURAMAX

Jared
Feb 12, 2015
NW Ohio
No I havn't didn't really think of it because the trucks ran fine for about 6k miles since tunning and turbo it ran all day today ok I think changing the relay may have fixed it... I did get both batteries and alternator tested and all checked out ok