Head gasket$$?

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
nice !

only problem is you have an 01.... thats out of the 7 year warranty most likely.

Were the injectors replaced under warranty?

I would call the dealer and let them know the situation. tell them there is fuel in the oil and the injectors were recently replaced. see what they say.

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
They were done under warranty as far as I know. I bought it from a dealer that does nothing with trucks but had the vin ran at my regular dealer. They should work with me on that. But the irradic engine temp change and heater blowing hot and then cold is still puzzling me.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
pull the dipstick

let a drip fall on a piece of paper

if you get a quick outer ring then it's diesel in with oil. A seal could be leaking too. Could be related to the injector job.

x2 could be gaskets on return line or on injector?...possible bad injector cup seal? pressure cooling system up to 15 psi let sit overnight and pull glowplugs in the morning to chaeck for coolant?

You should probably keep the truck and diagnose the actual problom first to save money:)

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
i will tell you this if you need to tear into the truck to do injectors please do it yourself if you have deasent mecanic skils. it is really not that hard you just need to work really clean.

one possibility could be loose feed or return lines. (feed lines are easy to check.. return lines need the valve covers removed to check those)

next you need to check your upper radiator hose Is it hard? yes/ no (if yes pressure test the cooling system and see if it leakes down if so let me know!)

next i would say would be to check the balance rates of the injectors and see if any are out of line.

also a compression test would not be out of line that is how i found out what cylinders had leaking cups because they were 100 PSI low

if you have any other questions or need some inststant diagnostic help while working on it feel free to call me 704 962 8111

Jared

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
thanks. Jared. I trailered it up this am and they're gonna look into the injectors for warranty. They were replaced in June Under warranty were gonna try and cover that. Right now i don't have the time to do the work myself. Getting married and 2 vacations planned and the holidays!

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
i just changed head agaskets for my brothers LLY and it wasn't that hard..
i pulled the front clip off and the rest was quite easy..roughly 14-16HRs total..dealer wanted $3000 for labor alone.

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
There she goes!!

DSC00667.jpg

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Your snow doesn't make the trucks dirty? I wanna move there! Good luck with the repairs.

Last edited:

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
No They use salt!! I made it to town to get the trailer and the road was dry. But after I took the truck up and dropped it off, it is now a nice dark gray streaked color! The state highway turn around at my house to go back and hit the curves before my house 2 times everytime they go through. 2 years ago there were 2 state plow trucks stuck in the curves tryin to get each other out.