hazing LB7

BackNBlackTJ

Ahhh, yeah... about that!
Dec 22, 2009
Arid-zona
So my 03' GMC is smoking, looking at the PPE tuner it looks like #5 injector is a little high but not obsurbly so.

First thing in the morning, all is well, runs good no white smoke haze. Then after it gets fully warmed up, if I'm setting at a red light I get a light fog of white smoke... Not a lot, but enough to get dirty looks. I have found that if I take it out of drive while sitting then the fog is half as bad.

Only does it when warm...

Less if not in drive...

I used a double dose of DieselKleen on the last fill up, helped some...

If this is just injector hazing would you suggest replacing just the #5 injector or do I need to do all 8?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Adding extra additives will create Injector issues. Once if starts hazing like that there is not a way to rule out any one injector. The I Hector isn't completely stopping fuel from passing when it shouldn't. They are leaking. It would require a complete set to fix the problema

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
So my 03' GMC is smoking, looking at the PPE tuner it looks like #5 injector is a little high but not obsurbly so.

First thing in the morning, all is well, runs good no white smoke haze. Then after it gets fully warmed up, if I'm setting at a red light I get a light fog of white smoke... Not a lot, but enough to get dirty looks. I have found that if I take it out of drive while sitting then the fog is half as bad.

Only does it when warm...

Less if not in drive...

I used a double dose of DieselKleen on the last fill up, helped some...

If this is just injector hazing would you suggest replacing just the #5 injector or do I need to do all 8?
my opinion if your goin to replace, replace them all i had the same problem as you it would smoke at a red light i didnt even bother checking wich were bad i replaced them all especially if they've never been done! Its a lil time consuming to do but not hard if you are mechanically inclined and have common sense. I just did mine about 30k ago i bought remans from pensecola diesel(wich alot of people dont like) but havent had problems since knock on wood! cost 1993.00 for the super kit that includes everything you need like gaskets washers and glowplugs too.My truck runs soo much better now and injectors are surprisingly quite!:thumb:

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
my opinion if your goin to replace, replace them all i had the same problem as you it would smoke at a red light i didnt even bother checking wich were bad i replaced them all especially if they've never been done! Its a lil time consuming to do but not hard if you are mechanically inclined and have common sense. I just did mine about 30k ago i bought remans from pensecola diesel(wich alot of people dont like) but havent had problems since knock on wood! cost 1993.00 for the super kit that includes everything you need like gaskets washers and glowplugs too.My truck runs soo much better now and injectors are surprisingly quite!:thumb:

Oh and make sure if you do them yourself the return linebolt in the valve cover are all tight and the lil copper gaskets that come with the kit are bur free i had an issue with a return line on the drivers side leaking because of a lil bur on it it didnt seal right and i had diesel going into my oil pan!Any question just pm me il explain in detail