Harland Sharp Roller Rockers

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
Had a wagler Pushrod break, ( no bent) . While in there noticed most are now at 18-20 thousands. Machine shop set valves at 12 and I double checked them myself. Put maybe 5000 miles on New build , with Socal 3368 ALT cam, Wagler Dual spring /Titanium retainers, wagler 6664 pushrods, but a lot of 4000RPM Burnouts so I Expect things Will happen. I have 3/8 x .162 walls coming. thinking Roller rockers would help I see Harland Sharp at $1800. And Mantons at $4,000 which is over my budget.
So how are the Harland Sharp Roller Rockers holding up? better than Stock? Less wear? I did find a vendor that does not like them and displayed it on website. So now im skiddish on buying them.
And will they fit with aftermarket Flat valve covers.?

Last edited:

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Sorry to answer your question with a question of my own but, how did the pushrod break? Or where in regards to the part did it break? Only dealt with this one other time (wasn’t a Wagler unit).

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
Sorry to answer your question with a question of my own but, how did the pushrod break? Or where in regards to the part did it break? Only dealt with this one other time (wasn’t a Wagler unit).
The top ball socket can off, clean break, Right where the tip is pushed into the rod. the rod itself is not bent. Others Make stronger . When it came apart I was cruising 1500 rpms for 30 miles on the Thruway.
Probably never happen again but Now I want better as this is a scary thought what else could have happened!

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I don't believe your failure was caused by a rocker arm, I think it was caused by a pushrod not being manufactured correctly. My truck with SoCal valvetrain (pushrods/6480af cam/springs) held right at 0.012 after 6800mi when I pulled the valve covers off with loads and loads of 4000rpm+ excursions.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
The top ball socket can off, clean break, Right where the tip is pushed into the rod. the rod itself is not bent. Others Make stronger . When it came apart I was cruising 1500 rpms for 30 miles on the Thruway.
Probably never happen again but Now I want better as this is a scary thought what else could have happened!

Interesting. The one I had was at the cup end where it meets the rocker stud. Where the cup is mated with the shaft of the pushrod and I assume is friction welded...... ? Only damage was pushrod and rocker thankfully. Pulled head and oil pan to be certain.

Hopefully someone can answer your original question. Thanks for answering my curiosity

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
Same! Maybe from getting loose??? i have one that loosened alot. I never thought in 5000 miles I would need to adjust, my stock motor seemed to stay in adjustment and I ran it hard as well. Machinist says because of new parts they wear and get loose, ussually bend the rocker when it happens . I am curious how thearland Sharps hold out as far as wearing?

Last edited:

max57

Dec 12, 2014
Upstate, NY
I don't believe your failure was caused by a rocker arm, I think it was caused by a pushrod not being manufactured correctly. My truck with SoCal valvetrain (pushrods/6480af cam/springs) held right at 0.012 after 6800mi when I pulled the valve covers off with loads and loads of 4000rpm+ excursions.
Thanks for info. Yes was from pushrod, My guy just mentioned it may have bent rocker arm. I was looking to lessen the wear so do not loosen so fast. Now you say yours did not loosen. Wonder why mine all got so loose and some really loose. ???

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Shouldnt need them at your level. I bet it was another issue. I have trust issues with wagler products cause they lack quality control.

• Love
Reactions: Bdsankey