Hanging sensor

Jscott

Jul 5, 2020
Replacing the lower front bumper valence on my '06 I just discovered a sensor hanging near the passenger side fog light. Part number for it is 90477289 and comes back as an ambient temp sensor. This truck hit a deer with the previous owner and had some front end pieces replaced. Did these trucks come with two temp sensors? The one that I was always aware of is the one right behind the grill, mounted to the trans cooler support bar, and that one is where it should be. Can't seem to see a place for this other one to mount, or what it is for. Anybody that might have some insight to this would be greatly appreciated!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There is a second temp sensor that mounts on the passenger side sort of behind the lights. If I remember right, it is for the HVAC system, and the one mounted more centered behind the grille is for the mirror temp display.

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
You're right Josh, for the automatic A/C. The control logic likely uses this to determine how aggressive things need to be set to reach the inside temp set point. I didn't read the original post closely enough that the mystery sensor was an ambient temp sensor.

Jscott

Jul 5, 2020
There is a second temp sensor that mounts on the passenger side sort of behind the lights. If I remember right, it is for the HVAC system, and the one mounted more centered behind the grille is for the mirror temp display.
Thanks Josh, that must be it as this truck has the automatic climate controls. Now if I can just locate it's home...

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
I don't have automatic climate controls, otherwise I would post up a picture for you. I bet some other kind soul would though. :)