LBZ: Hacks

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
Ok well since you did not enjoy my under the seat race tune switch (best one you will find), I have seen one other one. These guys took off the quick disconnect bolts on the radiator while camping. So basically what they did was turn this

297a5e9f068b563f6fd854b6ff345dfe.png

Into this

646f9e279eef4be33dfb773fdfe0fd02.png

Portable hot tub Baby!

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Are there any other REAL hacks like this one that everyone should know about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is one I found out about last week. I've been driving this truck for (9) years and constantly adjusting both drivers and passenger side temps, darn near every time I touch the HVAC control. Turns out you can sync them by holding the "AUTO" button down for (4) seconds.

I sure I'm the only one who didn't know this.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 109

juststrokeit383

Jun 3, 2015
Here is one I found out about last week. I've been driving this truck for (9) years and constantly adjusting both drivers and passenger side temps, darn near every time I touch the HVAC control. Turns out you can sync them by holding the "AUTO" button down for (4) seconds.

Hell yea! I didn't know about this!

Thank you for contributing to MY forum!

juststrokeit383

Jun 3, 2015
Ok well since you did not enjoy my under the seat race tune switch (best one you will find), I have seen one other one. These guys took off the quick disconnect bolts on the radiator while camping. So basically what they did was turn this

297a5e9f068b563f6fd854b6ff345dfe.png

Into this

646f9e279eef4be33dfb773fdfe0fd02.png

Portable hot tub Baby!

Quit trolling or gtfo.. I'm for a good joke but damn

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM

Wow! I'd buy you a beer!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
on 03-07, put your key in the driver door key cyl, lock the truck with it, then unlock twice, open door, tap the horn and start the truck with door open and dome light off.

windows will auto roll up every time you shut the truck off. if you tuned the truck, you may have to do it a couple times for the BCM to accept it. kinda like when adding a DSP5 to a 01-02 makes the radio shut off every time the key is pulled :D

Last edited:

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
^ That was the first one I learned. Although you forgot one step. I was told I had to pull the window fuse for this to work correctly. Maybe that's why It never worked for me.

juststrokeit383

Jun 3, 2015
on 03-07, put your key in the driver door key cyl, lock the truck with it, then unlock twice, open door, tap the horn and start the truck with door open and dome light off.

windows will auto roll up every time you shut the truck off. if you tuned the truck, you may have to do it a couple times for the BCM to accept it. kinda like when adding a DSP5 to a 01-02 makes the radio shut off every time the key is pulled :D

Couldn't you just shut your dome light off before the entire sequence?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I had no idea about the all-windows up deal, let alone syncing the HVAC controls. :hehe:

Last edited:

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
Removed all the trolling/non contributing posts, b/c it looks like this thread might actually go somewhere. Who knew?

I had no idea about the all-windows up deal, let alone syncing the HVAC controls. :hehe:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

rennat_2006

Feb 18, 2010
Pasco, Wa
Not a legimate hack and i wouldnt recomend it but ive seen a few trucks hr meters get reset to zero when the oil dipstick is removed and accidentally hits the positive battery terminal and the ac line close by to it. My truck is one of them.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Removed all the trolling/non contributing posts, b/c it looks like this thread might actually go somewhere. Who knew?

Im trolling Tom. look at my "edit" at the bottom of my original post. :D :hug:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not a legimate hack and i wouldnt recomend it but ive seen a few trucks hr meters get reset to zero when the oil dipstick is removed and accidentally hits the positive battery terminal and the ac line close by to it. My truck is one of them.
Ha thought is was the only one that ever did this. Cost me a dipstick. Didn't reset my hr meter though.

JLB7

Oct 27, 2015
California
When you are driving down the road and your HVAC is OFF but that annoying cold outside air is still coming through the vents. Turn your air circulation ON.
:thumb: