Guage Cluster Repair Suggestions

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
Who are you guys sending your clusters to and how much is it costing you? I did a search and got a little, but I'm wondering about other's experiences. Thanks in advance. -Garrett

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
checkout ebay man they have some nice deals you just have to layout for core if ur getting a new one ended up paying $300 for a brand new cluster with blue led background with overnight shipping

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Who are you guys sending your clusters to and how much is it costing you? I did a search and got a little, but I'm wondering about other's experiences. Thanks in advance. -Garrett

Are you aware that you can buy replacement servos for $5-10 and repair it yourself? Just need a bit of soldering skill and a small soldering pencil, not too hot.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Yeah? You did it?

I did the speedo only but am going back in to do the rest soon; 0 psi oil pressure once in a while gets worrisome ;)

SgtKilroy's link is what I followed back then I believe. :thumb:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Guy here in Louisville ky rebuild them for me in about an hour for $125. I know they can be done cheaper yourself but it's worth it to me to not tie up what little time I have available.

KryPTiC

Recovering Diesel Addict
Oct 3, 2010
Flying down Alberta roads
If you go the ebay route, 10 stepper motors cost me about $50 from a seller mandigital, apparently they are updated ones that won't crap out anymore. And it's simple to fix, the hardest part was getting the front lens off. A solder sucker helps to for removing the old steppers. From the truck to my table, to back in the truck took me about 1.5 hrs.

gl4787

<-- just sits
Jan 27, 2009
WI
That's what i was thinking, but how can it be so cheap if other's are saying the parts alone cost around that?

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
From what I've seen the motors and bulbs are only a couple bucks a piece - those buying them on ebay are getting them somewhat marked up..

I'm sure his costs are very minimal.. and its just for motors and bulbs.. no updating software/customizing the needles or guage face.