Grid heater

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Is there a way to turn off the intake air heater on a LBZ? Guess another question is if I just take it out and leave it unpluged will it set a CEL?

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Is there a way to turn off the intake air heater on a LBZ? Guess another question is if I just take it out and leave it unpluged will it set a CEL?

yes, mine is in and hooked up, when i unplugged it a couple weeks ago to do some work on the truck ive been gettin a code that its not workin even tho its plugged in.

the4wheeler

--->(Something Funny)<---
May 4, 2008
Ventura County SoCal
yes, mine is in and hooked up, when i unplugged it a couple weeks ago to do some work on the truck ive been gettin a code that its not workin even tho its plugged in.

make shue that the big 12v line is conected as well and has 12volt power at it (that you did not blow the 150 amp fuse.) if it does not have power it will throw a code even tho the control wires are plugged in.

yes i to would like to be able to disable the grid heater as well i dont think the CEL list has it yet or i just havent been able to find it.

Last edited:

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
make shue that the big 12v line is conected as well and has 12volt power at it (that you did not blow the 150 amp fuse.) if it does not have power it will throw a code even tho the control wires are plugged in.

yes i to would like to be able to disable the grid heater as well i dont think the CEL list has it yet or i just havent been able to find it.

its in EFI, cant remember the code but i tunred it off and the CEL went away.