LBZ: Got a quote to paint my truck today

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That's about 6g US.
I have a ton of rock chips, small dents in the box and I'm afraid what they are going to quote me. But it will be all of 7g's I'm sure-likely closer to 10.

I might take it south of the border to get done when I do it.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Really I would think white would be simple compared to black or darker colors when it comes to finish work . What do I know

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Im in the middle of a white paint job right now,I have taken shots to show the paint process,Its on a white 2012 Toyota corolla but you will get the idia,just have to figure out how to post the picts,will do when I get home

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont
Really I would think white would be simple compared to black or darker colors when it comes to finish work . What do I know

Like said before he told me starring at bright white while spraying makes it hard to see imperfections. Or you start thinking you see some and over do it.

I've never personally done it just what he told me.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I talked to a guy in town today that's been a bodyman/painter for years. He's gonna look at my truck sometime this week but it sounds like he'll do it for half the price or maybe less than what I was quoted in the city. :thumb: He said he'll prep it for paint in my shop and then just run it into the shop he works at in the city to paint it.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I can get a good job where I'm at for 3000-3500. White can be base coat /clear coat or single color. Base clear is better. Just look at some if the guys work that you consider and give your expectations to the guy that does it before you let him work in it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Started prepping my truck for paint this past weekend and things are going good. Now I'm looking for some new door badges since mine are a bit faded. Anyone know where I can get some new ones for a decent price? Anyone have any "GMC2500HD" and "Allison/Duramax" badges that are in really good condition?

plazmamunky

Just A Few Months AWAY
Mar 31, 2013
Wichita, KS McConnell AFB
Started prepping my truck for paint this past weekend and things are going good. Now I'm looking for some new door badges since mine are a bit faded. Anyone know where I can get some new ones for a decent price? Anyone have any "GMC2500HD" and "Allison/Duramax" badges that are in really good condition?

Found some on Amazon and Ebay.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I found some on Ebay too. Need to check price at my local dealer first since shipping on the Ebay ones is pricey to Canada. Never thought of Amazon, gonna go check it out now.