Good spots to mount dsp5 switch

Lbzmaxx

Jun 16, 2016
Michigan
My efi live from ATP should arrive Wednesday!!

I'm looking for ideas that not easily seen but still accessible by me..!

Throw me some ideas!!!!

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
I have an LMM but I put it down by my right knee. You wouldn't know its there unless you were shown. Its just high enough to reach down and use it.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I never used my cargo light on the 01. And the fogs were wired in with the high beams. So i mounted mine in the lower button hole on the left side of the wheel. It was a key lock dsp5. But it looked factory.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I put mine inside my center console. There was a molded spot inside on my 2001 that looked like it was a place where they might have put a cigarette lighter. It was a perfect flat surface and hid it which I prefer. Don't want anyone knowing I have that in CA lol.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I put mine inside my center console. There was a molded spot inside on my 2001 that looked like it was a place where they might have put a cigarette lighter. It was a perfect flat surface and hid it which I prefer. Don't want anyone knowing I have that in CA lol.

There is not a better spot IMO, I put mine there and nobody knows it's there, not even the passenger can see when you flip it open to turn it up. :D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
There is not a better spot IMO, I put mine there and nobody knows it's there, not even the passenger can see when you flip it open to turn it up. :D

Key lock man, looks like a file cabinet lock. I always had people ask me what it was when it was right on the dash with the key in. No one ever suspected it to be my tuning knob. Plus at night you can reach down and feel which way the key is turned to know what tune you were on without clicking it to lockout and recounting. Loved it. Corbin had a standard dsp5 switch when we traded trucks so it stayed but I'd definitely do a key lock again, someone borrows your truck just set the tune and pull the key and that's the end of it.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I don't need a key, I can count every person I've let drive my truck on one hand and that doesn't include my thumb. I don't trust anyone so I'm not worried there.

I just don't like that kinda crap to be visible, even my gauges are way out of plain view, ie no ugly pillar gauges

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
Key lock on mine as well, only way I'd go. Most people think it's some kind of security system.

I had the key as well on my LBZ. I just like the fact I could lock it into the valet tune. I would however have some spares made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lbzmaxx

Jun 16, 2016
Michigan
Yes and I some what regret not ordering the key lock

can't imaging what would happen if someone turned her up and got stupid like if for some reason it HAD to go to the dealer :roflmao:

Don't want to get off the topic about location ideas of the switch but quick question if I had a locking switch would I have 4 tunes or still have 5 I was under the impression that if I got a locking switch it was called valet ant would lose a real tune?

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
You would have 5 tunes and you can remove the key in position 1,3,5.

You can choose 5 different tunes of you liking. If you want a valet tune or a no start tune you must have it in one of the positions you can remove the key to be effective.

Lbzmaxx

Jun 16, 2016
Michigan
You would have 5 tunes and you can remove the key in position 1,3,5.

You can choose 5 different tunes of you liking. If you want a valet tune or a no start tune you must have it in one of the positions you can remove the key to be effective.

Gotcha thanks.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I put mine in the cubbies under the HVAC. It's sticking down from the top of the cubby so you can't see it. There's nothing stealthy about switching tunes everybody knows you just reached over and did something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Replaced my cig lighter with mine. Looks like it was meant to be there.
garage_attachment.php