Good Mechanic Northern NJ

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
You can roll over to my dads shop in swartswood. It is just out side of newton. It is called swartswood service. hit me up if your interested my number is 845-313-5851.

js05sierrahd

May 25, 2010
Highland Lakes, NJ
Just called a little while ago, left ya a VM.
I would be VERY interested in having him take a look. I think I have ruled out other possibilities (replaced thermostats, blocked egr, bypassed cooler, changed surge tank cap) but I'm far from a mechanic any maybe I'm missing something. Well at least I'm hoping so! I also had a similar issue last year where I was puking coolant but that ended up being the waterpump, and until a few weeks ago I haven't had any issues. This time it seems to just be super pressurized and the level drops every time I drive. Lucky for me I have something else to drive for now... But damn I miss the truck!

Thanks again for the quick response I'll keep an ear out for a call back or reply on here.

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
No. my name is joe. I do know a guy named brad from NJ. Josh Ive tried to call the number back but nothing. The shop number is 973-383-4345. ask for sal.

js05sierrahd

May 25, 2010
Highland Lakes, NJ
Did your dad do the work on your truck? Pics look nice and mods sound like fun! Just called but he wasn't in yet gonna call back in a few... Thanks for sharing his info!!

Edit:
Just spoke to him... Pretty much said not interested in getting involved in that. He was nice about it, but guess its to big of a job.
Oh well thanks again.

Last edited:

js05sierrahd

May 25, 2010
Highland Lakes, NJ
I called Henry, you posted his info on one of the other posts I had on Duramax Forum. He didn't seem thrilled at doing it either but didn't turn me away. So it looks like I have a couple options so far, a guy up in CT... Very willing to lend a hand and a few local shops, not to keen on the job but willing to do it.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
I'd do it. But I'd need a place to do it. You getting studs? also a good time to do EGR delete, if not yet done. If the "guy" in ct is BT, That's Duratothemax. He's more than capable of doing the job, and a real good guy.

js05sierrahd

May 25, 2010
Highland Lakes, NJ
Was planning on getting a kit from merchant automotive unless you have a better place, gonna do studs and I have the egr blocked and cooler bypassed but not deleated. My buddy has a landscaping business in Vernon, his shop is plenty big, has some air tools but sockets, wrenches, etc. are hit or miss... Do you have necessary tools and a place to have the heads checked/machined? I would love to be able to have it done close to home... And if I remember you are not far from me. By the looks of your mods you are more than capable of the job! Let me know if we can work something out.

Last edited:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
Give Haledon auto parts a call to see if they're familiar with heads. They're the best machine shop I know of in area. There's Weston machine in Piscataway. He did my pistons and balancing and keying. He does primarily race engines. And there's a real good machine shop in Parsippany (name is drawing a blank) that did a high horse power Olds 455 for my jet boat that held 6k rpm up and down Greenwood Lake all day long.