Going back to stock or stay aftermarket

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
It doesn't like temps below 50 degrees, runs really rough, smokes like crazy until it gets some descent temp into it. The during the summer intake air temps are about 150 and the truck is pretty lazy . Then there are random other things that happen like reverse will randomly not working with out restarting the truck/clear some TQ code. It's more little thing that are really annoying.
I see. Well that doesn't sound like all turbo related stuff. Whats the elevation where you live? You're making me nervous for when I finally get mine back together. I want it to be the way it was before I lost the engine. I don't daily drive the truck, so LIke NC says, I really enjoyed driving it when I did. I daily a 94 12V with 280k, so my lb7 felt like a Cadillac haha.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I see. Well that doesn't sound like all turbo related stuff. Whats the elevation where you live? You're making me nervous for when I finally get mine back together. I want it to be the way it was before I lost the engine. I don't daily drive the truck, so LIke NC says, I really enjoyed driving it when I did. I daily a 94 12V with 280k, so my lb7 felt like a Cadillac haha.
About 1000ft, I think most of my problems are related to pretty low compression from the delipped and flycut pistons and something wrong with my wiring harness that I have not desire to find.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It doesn't like temps below 50 degrees, runs really rough, smokes like crazy until it gets some descent temp into it. The during the summer intake air temps are about 150 and the truck is pretty lazy . Then there are random other things that happen like reverse will randomly not working with out restarting the truck/clear some TQ code. It's more little thing that are really annoying.
Yep, the joys of lower static compression. Same thing with my LB7. Was a good idea back in the day on max tuning, but not so much on a near-stock setup.