Goerend J vs suncoast 10531

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I haven’t tried any other converters in this truck.. and I just scrolled to the beginning of the thread and realized the op was running a single. I definitely have no problem lighting the chargers for me it’s just so easy to push through the brakes I was hoping a little higher stall would help keep it from pushing.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I haven’t tried any other converters in this truck.. and I just scrolled to the beginning of the thread and realized the op was running a single. I definitely have no problem lighting the chargers for me it’s just so easy to push through the brakes I was hoping a little higher stall would help keep it from pushing.

I'd try an R and see how you like it. With Goerend, if you want to restall in the first year (12mo) from purchase it is no charge other than shipping both ways as long as the internals are not damaged from abuse.

The A Team

Jul 26, 2015
I would suggest the R as well. Just installed one in a customers LB7 truck running a single 369 with 65% overs and it lights the turbo quick and stalls nice on the brakes.

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
I think my 2015 ally is slipping and was looking at a goerend. Nothing huge done to truck i have 5 tunes and 120hp is the highest, from ridgerunner. What converter should i go with, i tow a 14000 lb boat and later an RV that will probably weight 16000 lbs. So you guys think i should go with the J or R, i am guessing the R? Whats their hp rating too?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I think my 2015 ally is slipping and was looking at a goerend. Nothing huge done to truck i have 5 tunes and 120hp is the highest, from ridgerunner. What converter should i go with, i tow a 14000 lb boat and later an RV that will probably weight 16000 lbs. So you guys think i should go with the J or R, i am guessing the R? Whats their hp rating too?

R is what I use on most of my builds/installs. The standard clutch is rated to 1000hp and previously many have gone far above it. Now we have the extreme clutch option which is recommend at 1000hp+.

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Yeah i am not doing a build just would like to tow with some more juice and be reliable. Towed my boat about 14000lbs and when i had it cruise going up a bridge and downshifted it jerked really bad so that's why i think trans is shot

Last edited:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Yeah i am not doing a build just would like to tow with some more juice and be reliable. Towed my boat about 14000lbs and when i had it cruise going up a bridge and downshifted it jerked really bad so that's why i think trans is shot

Are you building the trans or just putting a converter in it? I would hope a full build/overhaul on the trans and not just a converter if it is actually hurt.

Reactions: zakkb787