GM diesel techs?

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
Anybody else work at a dealer? It would be nice to talk to some other mechanics that have to deal with this tier 4 stuff all day and talk trash about engineers together.

rickaveryjr

Nov 29, 2012
CT
The millions are all yours if you can design a better system at equal or less cost. The engineers are not the limiting factor.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
Tier 4 is a joke, it doesn't matter which platform (ford Chevy dodge) this was more of a callout to any techs that have to suffer working on them so we can help each other out on ghost issues.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
If the Duramax had a factory lift pump and no emissions equipment my days would just consist of LB7 injectors, FPRV's, and the occasional water pump lol.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
What are the emissions issues. I don't frequent any other duramax-specific sites with many stock trucks to really ever hear about the epidemic of emissions equipment issues. An overwhelming majority of them are deleted on most of the forums I frequent.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
I could type a bible on this pickup I'm working on right now. Long story short I installed 3 brand new def tanks that we're all faulty. Thanks dude who assembles tanks.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
What are the emissions issues. I don't frequent any other duramax-specific sites with many stock trucks to really ever hear about the epidemic of emissions equipment issues. An overwhelming majority of them are deleted on most of the forums I frequent.

Lots of nox sensors, dpf pressure sensors, failed def heaters, leaking def injectors, leaking 9th fuel injectors. Plugged dpfs so bad they can't regen enough to clean, bad egr recirculation valves(those are horrible)

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Lots of nox sensors, dpf pressure sensors, failed def heaters, leaking def injectors, leaking 9th fuel injectors. Plugged dpfs so bad they can't regen enough to clean, bad egr recirculation valves(those are horrible)

And here I wanted a stock lml to just leave alone and drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Hey now, lets no beat up on engineers, usually the design is great till upper management comes in and manages the logic right out of things. ;)