glow plug control module?

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
so today of course when i have to go plow go to start truck and have no glow plug light on dash cluster and when i turn the key no start just clicks but if i turn it a few time like 5 or more it will eventually start sound like glow plug module? what else may it be or what should i try? truck is an 06 lbz

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
No check engine light nothing I haven't been able to figure this one out yet

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Wait you said wont start but it clicks? Sounds like a starter issue or starter solenoid to me.Bad spot in armature (starter) thats why you turn the key 5 times then it spins over. Seen that many times

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
It was a brand new starter 3 months ago but it's been workin all day started it bout 15 times no problems but witch ever it may be workin now

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
It was a brand new starter 3 months ago but it's been workin all day started it bout 15 times no problems but witch ever it may be workin now

Brand new or rebuilt? Nonetheless what this sounds like short of having a bad connection ,check your batteries and the starter wires, that you have a bad spot in the armature. If it gets in the spot again it will do the same thing you'll have to bump it with the key hopefully, but eventually it will fail.