Getting EFI LIVE

Oct 12, 2012
Coatesville PA
I'm gona purchase efi in the next week or so,lb7, stock trans(not for long) intake,turbo horn, batmowheel, 7 inch mitre single stack, which setup would be best I've sorta done some searching I know about v2 and dsp5, give me options please

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i like my single tune i run now but if i was still on a my stock single turbo, id get a DSP2. i use to have a DSP5 and i never used more than two tunes. it was either tow/mileage tune or race lol.

Oct 12, 2012
Coatesville PA
I live in Pa and I have never herd of any good places around here, so ill probley be ordering it on line, and thanks for the post, is there any particular place I should order them from. Do I get them pre-tuned or does some one send me the tunes and I download em on to my ECM, explain please

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
theres 3 differnt ways to do it

1. you buy a V2 and download the software, have the guy you bought EFI Live from either build your tunes or call up a tuner and pay them to build you some tunes, then once they are sent to you via email, you flash them in. The plus is you can always try tuning the truck yourself if you ever feel froggy about it.

2. you buy an Autocal from an EFI Live tuner, this can either already come with tunes ready to be flashed in or the tuner will ask you to do some logging on it first, send that back to him and he will talyor make some tunes to your truck. Downside is you can not tune the truck yourself if you ever wanted to try it.

3. is you buy a pre-tuned ECM from a tuner that bench flashes tunes in for you and you jsut swap ECMs so your ready to go. Down side is you can not log the truck if an issue occures, tunes are not made specific to your truck without you having to pull the ECM everytime and sending it back and forth with the tuner, and that tune is locked to the ecm (not sure if you can flash over it should something happen).

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
Eisenhart diesel is in new oxford pa, near gettysburg, they built my trans, and they put a dsp5 in my buddys truck, i highly recommend them, his tunes r good and my trans is great

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Build your trans first.
Then get a dsp5, and a good autocal, then upgrade to a v2
Just setting the truck up to use a powerful tune can be tricky
There is soo much to learn...better to get your feet wet rather than jump in and drown.
If you build the trans first you will be setting yourself up to succeed and drive on rather than to fail and break.
Just my .02
Oh yeah, make sure to remove all the rags you may use if you remove any boost hoses:thumb:

Oct 12, 2012
Coatesville PA
@hotcocoal trans is being built already its just the time issue of my buddy, I like doing shit my self but is worth the effort of just taking the truck to my local Diesel Pro shop[ and having them do it like The previous guy stated, I will tear apart anything and put it back together but since its my only means of Transportation right now besides the R6 i gota have my shit on point, Any info will help thanks guys

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
JW
oh got it, i just figured when you said not for long you meant you intended to build the trans.
yeah i like to do stuff myself too, but when it comes to the trans and transfer case i sent it out, i also had a shop do headstuds and turbo, but everything else i have installed myself, which is why i said to remove all your rags:thumb: a rag is why a shop did my headstuds and turbo:D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yea, not one of my finest moments fer sure.
And thnx, i think my truck is pretty B/A too:thumb:

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
Ur welcome, seth and his guys at eisenhart diesel will treat u good, i drove my truck from a couple hours away just so he could do my transmission and im very pleased with it