Getting 12v at duramax fuse block, but 3v on Avalanche body.

triggerdcrusader

Dec 16, 2022
Well, title says it all pretty much. I'm still trying to figure out my 2012 Avalanche/duramax swap. Finally got everything sorted out wired up, and even put power to it. This was last Friday, and it was great, lights on the dash came on, all the interior lights, and everything seemed to be working the way it was supposed to. I didn't end up cranking it before I left, but I did disconnect the battery again after ensuring that everything was where it was supposed to be.

As of yesterday, I got back to this, no one claims to have touched it, and I have not changed anything electrical since then. As soon as I connect up the battery, the ECM relay starts clicking, not buzzing, just on/off about twice a second, until I have the battery fully connected and then it stops and stays dead. There's also some servo near the shift lever going off in the transmission like it's trying to move something but keeps getting stuck and then backing up again, I've never opened up the transmission myself, and cannot figure out from just pictures what it is, but it's always at the same intervals, about 8-9 seconds.

I'm getting 12 volts off of most of the posts in the fuse block, no fuses are burned, checked them all, yet some of the "hot at all times" fuses show up as nothing; every last one that is not 12 or 0 is exactly 2.86, there isn't any +/- any volts.

Everything on the Avalanche side mirrors this 2.86 or 0 volts trend. There was nothing at 12 volts body side.

I can't find this problem anywhere really, except for a guy who had a mouse pee on his fuse box, but the voltage values were just everywhere and the whole thing was smoking; and a guy who had blasted the radio a little too long and had burnt out his fuse panel because he had stuck a too large fuse on a too small circuit for his amp/subs.

I'm trying to give as much information as possible, but I'm at my Wit's end here, and have kind of no clue what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, and Happy Easter!

triggerdcrusader

Dec 16, 2022
Well, title says it all pretty much. I'm still trying to figure out my 2012 Avalanche/duramax swap. Finally got everything sorted out wired up, and even put power to it. This was last Friday, and it was great, lights on the dash came on, all the interior lights, and everything seemed to be working the way it was supposed to. I didn't end up cranking it before I left, but I did disconnect the battery again after ensuring that everything was where it was supposed to be.

As of yesterday, I got back to this, no one claims to have touched it, and I have not changed anything electrical since then. As soon as I connect up the battery, the ECM relay starts clicking, not buzzing, just on/off about twice a second, until I have the battery fully connected and then it stops and stays dead. There's also some servo near the shift lever going off in the transmission like it's trying to move something but keeps getting stuck and then backing up again, I've never opened up the transmission myself, and cannot figure out from just pictures what it is, but it's always at the same intervals, about 8-9 seconds.

I'm getting 12 volts off of most of the posts in the fuse block, no fuses are burned, checked them all, yet some of the "hot at all times" fuses show up as nothing; every last one that is not 12 or 0 is exactly 2.86, there isn't any +/- any volts.

Everything on the Avalanche side mirrors this 2.86 or 0 volts trend. There was nothing at 12 volts body side.

I can't find this problem anywhere really, except for a guy who had a mouse pee on his fuse box, but the voltage values were just everywhere and the whole thing was smoking; and a guy who had blasted the radio a little too long and had burnt out his fuse panel because he had stuck a too large fuse on a too small circuit for his amp/subs.

I'm trying to give as much information as possible, but I'm at my Wit's end here, and have kind of no clue what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, and Happy Easter!
Turns out my body ground was gone, dunno how or why, but it was missing. Everything works now except for when put to crank it just clicks the relay. I'm running an LMM ECM, and it doesn't have an enable wire like the LBZ does. I relocated all the correct pins, so that it is wired for the lmm. The Avalanche is the same way, PCM has no crank enable wire. Is it run by the data lines?

The wiring diagrams for both 07 LMM and the 12 Avalanche just shows ignition switch to BCM and out to data lines. Then on the same diagram ECM/PCM data lines out, as well as the relay control out. Am I stupid, missing something, or is it because I have an avalanche BCM sending ignition messages to duramax, the LMM has no clue what those messages mean?