Gettin hood ready for paint

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Ok guys n gals... I'm fixing to get hood ready to paint n go on the truck with all my other parts... I wanted everyone's opinion Bc I'm thinking bout doing something different with it. It's a true air induction hood n fully functional but I'm thinkin about painting the air vents n the nose where air enters a gloss black n the rest will b white of corse. Just wondered what yall tho n thanks in advance.. My grill is a gloss black so tho it would match good. Do yall think it will look good like that or better all white?
picture.php
picture.php

It's the same hood I had on my race truck so this is what it looks like on truck..
picture.php

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
picture.php
picture.php
That's what I'm thinking. I think it should turn out good. Gona take the ranch hand off n put a stock bumper I'm getting from a member on here n paint the top plastic white n the chrome white n then bottom plastic gloss black to match.. These are the best pic I have of grill wright now.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
I think the black will mk it stand out n look better n mk the air inlet pop out! Just hope this one stays together and don't rip apart like the last one! Lol

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I agree, the black accent will look good. I've wanted to matte black my grill and bumper plastic like you are talking about for a while. I just don't want to be repainting it every year.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I already have to redo my undercoating every year and that's bad enough but i do hate the grey and black mismatched plastic.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I wish there was a hood like that for the 03-07 GMCs.

I personally would've done matte black, but thats just me. :)

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yes sir I may experiment a little bf the final outcome. Lol I like matte as well. That hood would look sweet on a GMC!

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
picture.php
picture.php
Got it washed n ready for hood. Lol
Anyone wana come help me get this heavy ass bumper off? Lol

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
How was the quality of the Amerihood? I see those all over ebay and was very skeptical about the quality vs keystone and suncoast hood. $500 is very cheap for that hood and seemed too good to be true for an USA made hood. I do like the look and thought about putting it on mine but quality is my biggest concern.

Match it up with gloss black, it'll look better.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Thank u sir... This second hood they sent is good quality and very sturdy but the first one came apart on me but it was already cracked when I got it. It come apart at the seem n just pulled in half. I was nervous about getting another one but I really like the look and it was free. Lol

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
It's a good quality lift. No issues with it, besides the sway bar link. I replaced the link with a cognito bec the RCD keeps breaking when flexing the crap out of it.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Lol sounds like u put the lift to good use. I wana get a small lift to fit sum 35's just so I can keep my cv's level. I know I can fit 35's with no lift but hate the harsh ride with the keys cranked. Russ at RPM said I'd do good with a congnito 4in.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
Your truck looks tall probably because that bumper. I wouldn't use that hood I've never liked them on the 05-07s, but it fit the rcsb. Imo it wont mesh with the cow killer.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yes sir that's y I'm takin it off n putting it on my work truck and gettin a stock bumper color matched to go with it. Wish I had the Reg cab back to put it on! Lol