Georgia/Florida trip, where to go?

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I'm goin to Georgia to pick up my new race trailer and wanna drive thru Florida to see a few places, drive along the east coast, thru daytona beach etc down to Miami. Just to say i've been there lol.

Any places that are a must see while i'm down there? Gonna be a fun road trip, i better pack my shorts i think haha, little warmer down there than here in Canada. :woott:

So if you see this driving around in the first week of May, that would be me lol

IMG_0284.jpg

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
The fort and downtown St Augustine is nice if you're into the historical stuff. St Augustine and crescent beach are both nice too, and you can drive on them still. If you feel like cutting across central Fl silver springs state park is pretty cool too, but again only if you're into the history and nature stuff.

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Not much of a historical kinda guy. More looking for sight seeing spots like places to have a quick stop when driving by. Never been down there do I have no idea where to go

dmax06

barely getting by......
May 10, 2009
white plains, GA
we got a truck pull in White Plains, GA April 28th if you're coming through around that time. Its not a "must see", but it will be a good time. haha

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
we got a truck pull in White Plains, GA April 28th if you're coming through around that time. Its not a "must see", but it will be a good time. haha

Sweet lets hope my trailer is ready that quick, I love goin to sled pulls, they're fun!

bighawg

Proud American Infidel
May 12, 2008
Carnesville, Georgia
Savannah is a definite must. It's great to get out and walk River St. Beautiful architecture and plenty of Live Oaks with spanish moss.

Also, if you like the outdoors check out the gators in the Okefenokee Swamp. I would suggest the boat tour, http://www.okeswamp.com/ Its something you will always remember.

If you are going through Atlanta, you might like the Georgia Aquarium, http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

The main tank is huge, it so big that they actually have 5 whale sharks in it.

Just my two cents, enjoy.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Good stuff, thanks guys for the suggestions, i'll try to do as much as possible, not sure how long i'm staying in Florida but probably 2 days or so, depends when i can pick up my trailer

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I hope you have a good stereo if you're going to be running those tires all the way to Fla. :D It would be a more peaceful trip to take a tractor.

Seriously, my draw to Florida would be the the Daytona International Speedway and the beach where it all started. As was said I'd take A1A and enjoy the views.

Savannah is a good city to stop. I wouldn't wait in line for Paula Dean's restaurant, though the Iced Tea was very good.

Last edited:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Ft. Lauderdale Beach is pretty nice too, and lots of yachts on the intercoastal.
I had to be quick to take that pic, you are actually not allowed to drive on the sand... ;)

garage_attachment.php

See stuff like this i love doing haha, i'll be takin tons of cool pics with my truck there lol:woott:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I hope you have a good stereo if you're going to be running those tires all the way to Fla. :D It would be a more peaceful trip to take a tractor.

Seriously, my draw to Floriday would be the the Daytona International Speedway and the beach where it all started. As was said I'd take A1A and enjoy the views.

Savannah is a good city to stop. I wouldn't wait in line for Paula Dean's restaurant, though the Iced Tea was very good.

Lol they're not bad, i love mud grapplers, had em on my 12" lifted LMM and now on this one too, they're not that loud. Just a nice relax hum coming from them hahaha :happy2:

Swisstyphoon

Jan 2, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale FL/Switzerland
If you are into theme parks and rides, you have to stop in Orlando, lots of things to do: Universal Studios, Disney, Sea World...
If you get more time than just the 2 days, then I`d drive all the way down to Key West its a cute little village and the view over the ocean on the road/bridges down there is awesome.
The Hard Rock in Hollywood is a good place to go out, lots of pretty girls in the clubs and bars there... ;)

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
Wow didn't look at Key West on the map before but that looks like a beautiful drive right on the ocean. I'll make time for that lol. Pretty girls in clubs is something I dont mind either :thumb:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
So is there places that you can actually drive on the beach with a truck? Or just park and take some pics? Probably the only time in my truck's life its gonna see palm trees and white sand beaches lol