gear swap

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
thinkin about ditching the 4.56's for the stock 3.73's again:eek:. Anyone think thats a good idea? I wonder if it would pickup some ET? IMHO I think it would be faster in the quarter mile. You never see forced induction vehicles with low gears. That tells me something. Less load on the vehicle with lower gears is why I think people go the other way

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I only filled the tank up once last year :rofl: Thats how much I drive this thing. No offense but I didn't put 4.56 gears, dual cp3's, s475 turbo, etc for fuel milage. I do understand what you are saying though and am not meaning any disrespect. I used to run 35's when truck pulling but now went back to 285 toyo AT's for street/strip use. The 4.56's kill it on the road lol. It turns around 2300ish iirc at 65mph.

Also for running down the track, a good starting point is picking a tire/gear ratio combination that keeps you in the sweet spot of your power curve, but also keep the rotating mass of the tire in mind, as well as hp, Bigger hp with a 3.73 gear may be to much gear. Also once you have a gear with a middle of the road tire size you can play with air pressures and tire size by going up or down an inch.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I only filled the tank up once last year :rofl: Thats how much I drive this thing. No offense but I didn't put 4.56 gears, dual cp3's, s475 turbo, etc for fuel milage. I do understand what you are saying though and am not meaning any disrespect. I used to run 35's when truck pulling but now went back to 285 toyo AT's for street/strip use. The 4.56's kill it on the road lol. It turns around 2300ish iirc at 65mph.

If your going to run 285s id say you need to put the 373s back in.