Full Flashing A40 TCM

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Has anyone on here had any luck full flashing a a40? The newer bata software is suppose to support it but i have had zero luck. I tried it on 2 separate tcms with zero luck. Keep getting the error code $054C Operating System is not present in file. Neither of the trans files are locked and reflash security is marked can be cal or full flashed. I even pulled the file off of a tcm and tried to full flash it with same results. I cleared all efi software and reloaded it. Also tried the newest bata.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
There was a deal with the a40, I don't remember the exact details it's been a long ordeal with them. Supposedly it was a time issue getting a full read with them and it wasn't supported for a long time. Then there was a file you could download to try and get a read, no one else had any luck or it only worked on one or two OS's. Someone posted a full file on the Efilive site quite a while ago, I tried it on a A40 that was giving us some problems and it did take the flash.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
It can be done with TIS and a Tech2. Did it a bunch when I was screwing around with various MD calibrations trying to get an A40 to work with a LLY.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm on the latest version and having an A40 problem too. I can't read it! It's in an '09, so until I pulled the TCM to check the part number, I thought that it was an A50. V8 ID's it as an A40 but fails during read. Weird. New owner and no history either. The guy has 35x12.5 so I offered to adjust his part throttle shifts, and can't seem to get that simple chore done, lol.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I still haven't had any luck. Used one i bought will have to do the job. More people i talk to the more say they haven't been able to. Im now having issues with my v7 software with all these updates. Says update firmware when trying to read files but has the most current firmware.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
same message last night about the updates, and I am also on the latest. This was while trying to read an LBZ . I wound up not going any further because he pulls out an autocal and says he just bought it and it's loaded with tunes off eBay. LOL. So I loaded them for him and he's happy. Offtopic: who tunes for "samedaytuning.com"? Any good? That's who is doing those ebay tunes. I put in the DSP5 switch for him, and tunes do change, but with no turbo brake in any tune and only one tune has a rumble idle and the rest hiss, though no mention of this in the tune notes he was emailed... hmm. I hope he didn't buy a box of rocks.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I'm on the latest version and having an A40 problem too. I can't read it! It's in an '09, so until I pulled the TCM to check the part number, I thought that it was an A50. V8 ID's it as an A40 but fails during read. Weird. New owner and no history either. The guy has 35x12.5 so I offered to adjust his part throttle shifts, and can't seem to get that simple chore done, lol.

I can't read A40s in V8 without issues, but can still read them in V7.5.

Reactions: N2BRK