FULL EGR DELETE, INJECTOR ISSUES.

RJE1960

Apr 25, 2021
First off thank you for adding me to this group, Love my Duramax.. But have many questions. I have a 2011 Chevrolet Duramax, did a full EGR delete with a **** tune about 5 years ago. Last week i started getting VGT Turbo error codes, so after researching, sole searching and talking myself into doing the rebuild, I finally did it... as many of you know there are only 3 bolts holding the Turbo in place and one of the bolts is a bugger.. I had nightmares, thinking even if I got lucky enough to get the bolt out how would I get it back in.. Finally I just went for it and it wasn't that bad. Matter of fact I got the bolt started on the first attempt after taping my extension to the Turbo with bolt in place... It went right in...Thank you Lord. While doing the rebuild, I decided to do a couple extra mods to enhance my truck such as the PCV Reroute as well as the Coolant tube reroute... I always watch Truck Masters. In his video he unplugs and removes the 9th injector line completely and plugs the hole in the block as well as in the Down pipe. He puts a plug in the Injector line return? I guess it is.. So I did the same. The truck starts right up and Idles fine, however when I go down the road it has NO power and almost shimmy's while driving.. I did a code reading and I get Codes P0263 (Cyl 1), P0266 (Cyl 2), P0275 (Cyl 5), P0269 (Cyl 3) and P0281 (Cyl 7) errors, says contribution or no fuel.. Some of the posts I have read indicate that I maybe don't have the wires hooked up? My question is should I have removed that 9th injector line? what causes this error and if needed is this something I can buy if I need to put it back on? Could it be another connection that I have overlooked and need to connect? Any help would be most appreciated.. My gut tells me that I have hooked up the connectors either in the wrong place or have missed a connector somewhere?

Although I love watchingTruck Masters and is usually very informative, on this 9th Injector line removal he doesn't really say how or what to do with the electrical part of it??

RJE1960

Apr 25, 2021
Your best bet is to put it back to stock. Deleting things is frowned upon...
I guess I failed to mention this is my off-road vehicle!! But I did figured out that I need to upgrade my Tune to delete the 9th injector!!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Off road or not, mentioning your tuner can end up costing them their business...thats how bad a certain govt agency is.....so think about that before talking about it openly.
Its a rookie mistake. Now ya know. :)

Any time you make a major change to your engine, you'll probably have to retune. Common sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShopSpecialties