Question: Fuel Wheels

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
Whats everyone's thoughts on Fuel Wheels? Been searching for a set of wheels I like and I've kinda decided on the Fuel Nutz. A little searching the web though has me second guessing this decision. People saying that the chrome doesn't hold up well. I absolutely despise black wheels.

Any other suggestions as to a brand that holds up well? I want to get them ordered here in the next couple weeks so when it finally gets nice out I can put them on.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Gear(s) wheels has some nice wheels, xd wheels ..... If you want to be like everybody else get some American Forces. Just about every black wheel looks the same to me.

Thebirdman

Jan 13, 2015
Bmf (now known as SOTA) are very nice and fairly lightweight compared to my last set of fuels. Also is a pain to get to the valve stem area on most fuel wheels.

Last edited:

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
If you really wanna be different check out adv1. They are starting to peep into market but they have made some of the sexiest wheels I've ever seen.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Those adv1 wheels are bad ass I just hate the huge wheel thin tire look. Call me a simpleton but those ol 38 groundhogs and 15" rims looked best to me back in the day.

solidrunner

Oct 19, 2015
Seatac, WA
I have a set of Fuel wheels in the PVD chrome. They look awesome and it holds up like powder coating. If you get them in a non-bro offset, they look great.

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Lol ADV1's are gonna be north of $1k a piece. As well as Intro.

I like Fuels 2 piece designs in solid chrome but i hate theyre center cap. I like exposed lugs myself. +1 on the non bro offset.

bittles313

Aug 8, 2010
Rome NY
I have a set of Fuel Gauge Wheels, chroming is absolute garbage on them has been since day one....I see they don't even offer that wheel anymore

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.

I like Fuels 2 piece designs in solid chrome but i hate theyre center cap. I like exposed lugs myself. +1 on the non bro offset.

I remember back in the early 90's when I was younger a "nice" set of wheels was $500 or less for the whole set!!!

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
For chrome I'd go with a forged wheel so no matter what happens you can polish it out. I like my bmf novakanes if you were ok with black and chrome
cc91e326bd19b85b2f4e3d593f22cfe7.jpg

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho

Same with American force lol. But adv1s to my knowledge are better designed for weight reduction. They don't just use light weight metal and call the wheels light weight. But as far as the offset goes I have no clue what they come in. Just tossing out other expensive alternatives to forces lol

I myself run Moto metals

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Do you run them in the winter or just in the warmer months?

Joe's are identical to mine and I know I'm 10x harder on my truck with the roads and weather. Mines on their 3rd winter. Two of them has a small rock chip from 40+ mpg runs out lease roads when I was late.

And in the last 8 months I have been horrible about washing the truck. No pitting or corrosion.

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
Joe's are identical to mine and I know I'm 10x harder on my truck with the roads and weather. Mines on their 3rd winter. Two of them has a small rock chip from 40+ mpg runs out lease roads when I was late.

And in the last 8 months I have been horrible about washing the truck. No pitting or corrosion.

That's good to know.

Fuel Forged has a set I like other than the problem of them being black. I just don't like black wheels.