Fuel system

witmerlmm

Apr 6, 2017
Okay so my truck was running perfectly fine before this happened. I unhooked and unmounted my whole 150 fuel system just to clean it all up and when I hooked it all back up I have to prime my truck to start it and when it does, it only runs for about 5 seconds then dies. I don’t know what the problem could be since my truck didn’t do this before. Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You have either still not primed the system up completely. Or you hooked the hoses up wrong.

The line going to the engine should be from the round aluminum block sticking up out of the top. The return line to filler neck right below that. The fuel tank to pump inlet is the one by itself on the other side.

I think**** I’m on vacation and going from memory here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

witmerlmm

Apr 6, 2017
I have the hoses hooked up the right way. Must not have it primed all the way. Not sure what else I’d have to do to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
You just need to prime your system. Push the button on the fuel filter head may be 10 times, them open the bleeder screw to let out the air. pump up again until hard. Start truck.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
You just need to prime your system. Push the button on the fuel filter head may be 10 times, them open the bleeder screw to let out the air. pump up again until hard. Start truck.

meh turn fass on open bleeder, bleed, close bleeder start truck

definetly sounds like system isn't fully purged...

sounds like you double checked hose routeing.