LLY: Fuel Rail Problems

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
2004.5 ec/lb LLY. This truck has had a intermittent p0090 code for a couple weeks. Gentleman installed a PPE dual fueler kit wednesday night and the truck wont get out of its own way so he called me to see if i could help. Take the truck for a ride with the scan tool hooked up and actual rail psi will not even attempt to meet desired. Disconnect both regulators to attempt to max out rail psi and nothing happens. Actual rail stays handy to 7,xxx psi. If i pedal the throttle up and down with the regulators unplugged it will move up and down highest i seen was 13,xxx.

Ok so next move is to unplug the rail sensor on the passenger side rail, and boom 26,xxx actual rail psi in the log and i can audibly hear the motor start to lope because of the high rail psi.

Somebody tell me why when i unplug the regualtors the truck wont jump to 26,xxx, but when i unplug the rail sensor it does?

Why is the truck not following desired rail psi? Bad Valley regulator? wiring is all good.

Truck has a balance rate of 15 on 1 injector as well. Stuck injector or torched piston havent compression checked it yet to see.